Quantcast

Fox titan or 661 Vapor Chest Protector?

stevehollx

Chimp
Mar 7, 2011
Looking at snagging an under-jersey chest protector. Both the Fox Titan and the 661 Vapor look good.

I think that the zipper down the chest will be nice for taking it on/off, but I wonder if you loose structural integrity of the chest protection with the zipper down the front. The 661 looks like it breathes better, though.

Anyone have experience with these?

stevehollx

Chimp
Mar 7, 2011
That's not what I'm looking for, though. Looking for elbow protection, and something a little more robust.

Shenzi

Chimp
Jun 26, 2008
Lake Zurich, IL
go try them, it's never comfortable just by looking at it. Check the Dainese Evolution too (google it for best prices), if you're going that way, why not go with the better. ;)

phycoref

Chimp
Oct 6, 2010
Canada
I have one very very similar to the 661 that you posted and it works well, mind you I haven't tried many others. I can get pretty warm, but not unbearable, I still wear it in 95* weather. Great protection though, the spinal has saved me a couple times! The fit is kind of odd on them though, make sure you try it on before you buy it as I think mine is an xl or xxl and im 6'2 and about 200 pounds.