Quantcast

Frame Builder Recommendations?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
This is not DJ related for the most part, but I thought this might be the best place to post this because of hardtail steel frame knowledge base here in this forum.

I'm wanting to build up a nice steel trail bike, for all around trail riding, jumping, drops whatever, just general mountain biking.

I'm not too picky on the type of steel, just don't want it to be over a 6lb frame. double or triple butted tubeset would be nice.

Built around a Pike 520mm axle to crown.

14-15" seat tube
67 head at 140mm
12.75-13" b.b.
15.5-16.5 c/s
22.5 c-c or 23" theor TT

The closest thing I'm finding is the new sovereign but the seat tube is way too tall at 17".

Any suggestions?

the first company that comes to mind is Simple... any other suggestions?

Thanks

pastcaring

Chimp
Nov 22, 2006
brooklyn, big ben?

been looking at the same sorta bike. something i can ride xc then drop the fork, then ride the bmx track/trails

have herd brooklyn are making a xc/am but have no idea if it's a ht or fs.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Here's a bike I just completed for a customer , we have been getting allot of request for bikes similar to this in the past few months .
Seems pretty close to what you had originally requested

It's a aggressive XC hardtail geo below :
16.50 ST
68HA
72.0 SA
16.25 stays
22.50 TT
ISCG tab

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Curtis make some stunning steel frames. They have started to do a freeride hardtail which is made according to your fork choice and has a tonne of options on dropouts, bottle mounts, tt lengths etc

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk/freeride.html

all their bikes are worth checking out i reckon, real hand crafted quality product out of the uk