Quantcast

Frame, Fork & Build Recommendations

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I'm somewhat new to mt. biking... I do alot of city riding simply because I live across the river from NYC & it's convenient. I am looking to get into XC & moderate DH.

Currently I have a sweetly rebuilt Aquila with a complete SRAM X7 gear setup & a RaceFace Evolve DH crank. The only thing original to the bike (beside the frame obviously) is the worthless Rock Shox Indy fork. Since the build the bike runs like a dream but being a low end bike with a sh*tty fork, it has it's limits.

I'm looking to upgrade to an all mountain that will take me where ever I wanna' go whether it be miles of bike path or a day of DHing. I did the build on the Aquila with the intention of replacing the frame & fork & eventually have a totally custom bike so I'm not looking for a bike out of the box. I'm considering a Bullit frame & a Fox F80X fork (I like the internal lockout valve). I'm gonna' need disc brakes as well, since the current frame isn't disc friendly. I realize it's not going to be cheap & in hindsight I shoulda' bought a brand new bike, but what's done is done.

Any recommendations on any or all of this would be greatly appreciated.