Quantcast

frame paint(pics)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
dont forget to race the headtube prior to dropping your headset in that puppy or you will have some mushy bearings :)

ps - you still have ratpac mud on your flow?

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
seand said:
dont forget to race the headtube prior to dropping your headset in that puppy or you will have some mushy bearings
What do you mean race the headtube?

Also, this is a minor thing i noticed, but someone forgot to mask the BB and headtube. :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
He meant to say FACE & CHASE the HT and BB.

I always powdercoat bikes because paint chips too easy. Or if I'm painting it, I'll just spray it because that's cheap and easy to repaint.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
man, the red was metro-sexual...this teal? heh...yeah.

i hope its darker in person and your flash on your camera made it so teal-y.

I thought you were going for some dark evil imperial style green, or dumpster flat green? im sure its just the pic ;)

and if it is that teal, im going to help jeff find you some nice powerpuff stickers for matilda (yes, your bike has been renamed) :D

seriously...its awesome to see a bighit fall under a non-conventional colour scheme..there are TOO MANY red, blue, silver, and orange bighits...time for change!

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
Up jumped the swagman and sprang into that billabong
"You'll never take me alive!", said he
And his ghost may be heard as you pa-ass by that billabong
You'll come a-waltzing matilda with me

Waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda You'll come a waltzing matilda with me And he sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled You'll come a-waltzing matilda with me

<snippits from Waltzing Matilda - 'Banjo' (A.B.) Patterson, c. 1890>

Remember Gallipoli.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
We will still think of you as a FULL pro!:monkey:

I can't believe that almost made it to page 2 w/o a comment

:D everyone left that one for you!!

ima check out frank's frame in person, and if its good, ima get my chap painted by chris - just not in the colour teal! EXCITING!

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
Did you put a clear coat over the paint, or just redo the paint job? Also did you strip the frame back to the metal and go from there, or just go over the old stuff?

(In a past life I was a commercial painter)

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
nohbody said:
Did you put a clear coat over the paint, or just redo the paint job? Also did you strip the frame back to the metal and go from there, or just go over the old stuff?

(In a past life I was a commercial painter)
he went back to the metal (i think),
and air brushed clear coat the green paint. the clear coat has xtra hardiner added. 4x coats of paint and i am not sure about the clear coat.

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
What I think would be worth trying if someone has a junk frame, is trying an epoxy paint. I don't think you'd need a clear coat after using it, and it should be pretty bullitproof.

Examples of epoxy paint would be any time you see a concrete floor painted. Extremely durable, but you have to be quick using it. Only 15-30 minute hot time, then it dries regardless if you're done or not. You can also apply it using a cup gun.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
miguel went a bit further....cammo ducttape! a section gets scratched up? replace the tape! sure it weighs an extra 10 pounds, but its an easy fix to crashing your bike and ruining the purdy finish :)

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
seand said:
miguel went a bit further....cammo ducttape! a section gets scratched up? replace the tape! sure it weighs an extra 10 pounds, but its an easy fix to crashing your bike and ruining the purdy finish :)
miguel is the kind of guy.

Sep 8, 2004
That turned out pretty nice! Think the valve caps might be taking it a bit far though? haha! You best not wreck it down at SST, unless I've got the camera out of course.

How long did it take to get everything taken off the bike in order to get it painted? I've been thinking about getting my bighit painted, or get a polished finish of some sort.

-James.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
The one that you posted. 253 670 0758. I called the number on their website and I got no answer. Probably after hours. Have you used them before?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
frank...if you have a shot..you should post a before and after comparison...

its quite an amazing difference.

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
largextracheese said:
The one that you posted. 253 670 0758. I called the number on their website and I got no answer. Probably after hours. Have you used them before?
yes they do my frames for free.

that # is for his cell, did you leave a message.
try 253-887-0632

if you call the shop you wont get the buddy price