Votes: 7 87.5%
  • NAY

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
I am a DH rider at heart I'm well I just looking for a bmx (cheap bmx) that I can beat around on and have some fun, that wont fold on me. I’m really not looking for anything super duper just something that can handle it own.

I work at a shop that (technically, none in stock, nor will there ever be any, we do MTB stuff) deals with free agent bikes. and I was checking out the STILETO. I can get it at cost so that why I'm looking exclusively at free agent stuff.
so what are these bike like and is it worth it to buy it at cost.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
They're decent bikes if you're just going to be riding it on the side. BMX bikes aren't that complicated so make sure you buy the one with the 4140 cromo rather than the Hi-ten steel frame, try to find one with three piece cranks and chrome rims. Black ano rims SUCK!.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
If you can get it at cost I'd recommend getting the top of the line model. I've looked at the Free Agents and they aren't that pricy. But the stiletto should be fine too. The black rims will brake worse than chrome or even machined but it should be great for messing around with.

Be careful! You might just get hooked.:eek: :D :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
My recommendation is get a Kink!

But seriously, FA's are good, the shop I work at carries them and I know a few people who ride them. It's not the lightest bike and they don't come with top end parts obviously, but it's a great way to find out if you're gonna like BMX enough to get something better. Did that make sense?

Definitely look for a full cro-mo frame and 3 pc cranks.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Free Agent has been making pretty good bikes for a long time now. They're mostly known for race bikes, but with the addition of a certain Biker in Black (tm, patents pending) to the team a while back, their freestyle line has improved dramatically.

As stated previously, as long as you get a FULL chromoly frame and fork, you're set. You can replace the other less cool stuff as it bends, wears out or breaks.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Originally posted by ghettorigged
It's a good bike.

If you like how it rides, get it & get started! :D
hummm. its getting tempting. i did filt a piece of paper with yes and no in either side and it came up with a yes. but being a DH kid (17) with not too much money i'm already saveing up for my next ride:devil: (half way there:rolleyes: )
well. thanks every one you helped me alot.

Squid

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Rochester, NY
I have a FA (Air Raid, I think), chromo frame, 3pc cranks, etc. My only 2 complaints are that its a wee bit heavy, and the black ano rims suck for braking.

However, I can buy 3 of these for the price of Echo's Kink, so I can put up with a couple minor things! :D

Gee Spot has a Stiletto and as far as I know she likes it fine. I almost bought one like hers, but it was white, and the LBS had this one in flat black, and since I'm a huge poser, that was a pretty big factor for me ;)

I'd say go for it! :thumb: