Quantcast

Freeride In Virginia

wallace

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
Folks....I need your help! I'm italian and I'm living in Virginia Beach (not the best place for 3riding!!!!) and I would like to know where it is possible to do a good freeride around here....a part from Snowshoe (taht is 6 hrs drive from here....done that!:thumb:) ....probably Wintergreen but Im not so sure.
Any suggestions will be very appreciated....and if someone goes freeriding around here I will be more than happy to join the group!!!!!:cheers::rockout::rockout:
Thanks and see you on the trails!!!

S

seespotendo

Seven Springs. I've been there a few times, its fun. and its in Pennsylvania. But i could be father away than snowshoe depending on where you are.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
wallace i use to live in the area and there is not any fr in the va beach area. there is one park in the area that has some raised latter but that is it. there are somethings in the NOVA area and it the richmond area but you are going to have to get someone to show you there locations.

wallace

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
wallace i use to live in the area and there is not any fr in the va beach area. there is one park in the area that has some raised latter but that is it. there are somethings in the NOVA area and it the richmond area but you are going to have to get someone to show you there locations.
uhm...I immagined there was any place around here. I ve been to Snowshoe twice and its great but it takes me 7 hrs from where I live (Virginia Beach).
Something around Richmond area should be great.....but as you said I need someone to show me the locations....
IS IT ANYONE OUT THERE???????:help:

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
there are some great stuff in the sherando area 3hrs west of va beach. but most of it has to be shuttled...but also a new park is hopfully being built in greenville va valleyxtremesports.com. check it out...anyways if you ever wanna hit some local trails here let me know-after dec 08 i should be good to ride (recovering from a dislocated should and broken clavicle) as far as wintergreen which is 20min drive from here gave up on there mtb stuff...tried to see if getting a shuttle for myself and still riding there was possible but have gotten no response...peace

Last edited:

jaj3078

Chimp
Apr 13, 2008
just for messing around there is a place called Ipswich in Chesapeake.

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-virginia/trail/PRD_170767_4585crx.aspx

If you can find someone who knows their way around its great. It seems like just xc trails and and ton of big dirt jumps but deep in the area are ladder bridges, log rides, drops and teeter totters. Ranges from very easy to very technical. Can get old after a while but its free and the best thing 15min driving from virginia beach.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
One of my boys lives up thereabouts. Ill let him know to post you some info and see what you guys can do. He's been trying to get me up to the ipswitch place for a while, but there's just so much aruond here.