Quantcast

<@> FRIDERP<@>

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Finished work an hour ago, unfortunately it's freezing temps and snow/raining. I was going to start servicing a Boxxer, not sure I want to start in the cold garage though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Can confirm. Rain is getting awful chunky. Made it back to the car just in time.
i was aware of the forecast yet chose to ride in this morning. because it's still better than the car*

* may change my opinion after actually riding home in it

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
was gonna lunch ride today. slept like crap. finally got back to sleep then woke up to daughter being sick and having diarrhea. wife took our son to the bus stop, as soon as they get there he face planted on the sidewalk and scraped up his knees hands etc. had to bring him home to get him cleaned up and he missed the bus. too tired to ride. napped at lunch. still not feeling 100% myself. earlier was thinking maybe i'll just ride in the evening. not really feeling that either. ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
After stopping at two LBS, the wife's bike is now back in action, as is my hardtail. I do believe that hardtail will require some love soon, despite not riding it frequently is is quite entertaining when I do.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finished work an hour ago, unfortunately it's freezing temps and snow/raining. I was going to start servicing a Boxxer, not sure I want to start in the cold garage though.
Working in the cold on metal parts parts in no bueno.

Use caution if doing it in the living room. I once ended up with a giant snot ball of slickoleum on my ceiling, while trying to pop the air shaft out of a Pike. That was hard to cleanup. :busted:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The dump next to one of our mtb trail systems has a 30 acre underground fire. They're calling it a hazmat situation and throwing around words like superfund and evacuation zone. Hoo boy what a mess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's snowing. Haley's race is Sunday and practice is tomorrow. :rofl: :rofl: She's not particularly happy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
saw in parking lot.....

truck with ktm dirtbike in bed....specialized ebike on receiver hitch rack....

thought it might have a personal plate that read somrseve....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Whoa, that was a weird sleep, had a dream about big Diamond Pythonin the back yard, then somebody putting sand in my camera body, woke up a 5;30 and relaized I forgot to top a diff up at work then woke up at 6:30 with the Captain Planet theme song in my head.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had final project closeout presentation today that was supposed to take 15 minutes but went almost two hours. Basically got grilled by a bunch bulky executives who tried to second guess everything I did. I stood my ground and successfully defended my work and at the end everyone seemed happy. Except maybe the guy who I told to stop using the word AI, because he clearly didn't know what it means.

Friend from out of town cruised his boat up to Seattle, heading downtown for shenanigans.

Pray for me, these nights tend to get out of control.

Last edited:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Texas bound.
Palo Duro Canyon is our next destination.
Rode there last year on our way out west. It’s actually a super cool area. I actually enjoyed the trails, although not techy, there is some mileage. Kind of like riding SW. parkup was nice as well. Have fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nuking snow...

edit: 3-4" in an hour and then thankfully stopped for now.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Thank god today is finally over. What should have been an easy uneventful day turned spicy when my trailer brakes had a whoopsie 2.5hrs from home. FML.

Bring on the weekend.

Accidentally a new 38’ hopper trailer.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Bikes were ridden. Jumps were sent. Legs were bowed. Bars were turrned.

Also bought a wood splitter today. Gonna go run a couple of rounds through it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Uh, how did the underground fire start.
Good question. When it was just construction debri there wasnt enough bio activity to spontaneously combust. The "recycling" company though dumped all sorts of straight trash and likely didn't compact it enough to push the oxygen out, allowing the biology in the trash to thrive, heat up, and catch fire.