Quantcast

from the grill last night

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sadly, no pictures. but i took a couple 1lb veal chops, chopped some fresh sage and savory, patted them on the chops, added fresh ground black pepper and a bit of crushed sea salt. then added some lemon-infused oil to coat.

grill for about 15 or so minutes, until medium rare.

take off the grill, add a squeeze of lemon, and serve.

also made steamed green beans and some grilled asparagus w/ soy and sesame oil (in a foil pouch).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
sadly, no pictures. but i took a couple 1lb veal chops, chopped some fresh sage and savory, patted them on the chops, added fresh ground black pepper and a bit of crushed sea salt. then added some lemon-infused oil to coat.

grill for about 15 or so minutes, until medium rare.

take off the grill, add a squeeze of lemon, and serve.

also made steamed green beans and some grilled asparagus w/ soy and sesame oil (in a foil pouch).
Yeah. But what'd ya *drink* with 'em?? :think:

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
rpk1988 said:
Sounds like too much work. Sure sounds good though.
too much work? :confused: that meal was super easy to make.

yeah, i guess i didn't yell a number out to the cashier, or open a jar or can, dump into a bowl, and microwave.

i had a bottle of cartlidge and browne pinot noir. pretty tasty, and it was only a tenner or so.

i did splurge for the cellar, though....a '97 vietti barolo....

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
rpk1988 said:
Sounds like too much work. Sure sounds good though.
For a good meal on the grill that's about as simple as it gets. I'm guessing 30 minutes prep time, not including getting the coals started, and 15 minutes grilling...yummy. Not a big fan of veal, but it sounds pretty good.

The Ito

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
too much work? :confused: that meal was super easy to make.
<snip>I have a recipe for Bolognese that I make a few times a year. It's *killer* good and takes something like 4-5 hours from start to finish. GOD is it good. :drool:

I'll bet it'd go REALLY well with a nice pricey Super Tuscan. :drool:

i did splurge for the cellar, though....a '97 vietti barolo....
WINE HO'!! :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it was a good price for an excellent vintner in an outstanding vintage (wine spectator gave that year a 99 for piedmont wines). so i got suckered in. but i've had a vietti before, and they are gorgeous wines.

hey, if you ever make it to the east, we'll open a nice bottle of red.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
SkaredShtles said:
<snip>I have a recipe for Bolognese that I make a few times a year. It's *killer* good and takes something like 4-5 hours from start to finish. GOD is it good. :drool:
Is this recipe for Bolognese sauce a secret recipe or one you share? If it is the latter, hit me with it!

I LOVE Bolognese sauce!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
MMcG said:
Is this recipe for Bolognese sauce a secret recipe or one you share? If it is the latter, hit me with it!

I LOVE Bolognese sauce!
It's not a secret. I got it from our Pasta cookbook. I'll try to remember to get it.........

The "magic" ingredients are chicken livers and red wine. :thumb:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
it was a good price for an excellent vintner in an outstanding vintage (wine spectator gave that year a 99 for piedmont wines). so i got suckered in. but i've had a vietti before, and they are gorgeous wines.

hey, if you ever make it to the east, we'll open a nice bottle of red.
Hmmmm...... maybe I'll have to "volunteer" for a business trip out East. :thumb:

If you make it out to Colorado.............. we'll open a bottle of something cheap in my basement. :o:

But I *will* show you a semi-secret local Front Range trail or two......

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i dug denver the only time i was out there. went to a work seminar and brought my bike. hit up buffalo creek, bergen/elk meadows, red rock/hogback, and apex. good riding!!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
i dug denver the only time i was out there. went to a work seminar and brought my bike. hit up buffalo creek, bergen/elk meadows, red rock/hogback, and apex. good riding!!!
Mmmm....... that's a fine hit list of Front Range goodies. Maybe when you come out we can hit up White Ranch, Waterton, and some "off the beaten path" goodies........

So when you comin' out? :D

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i hear sourdough's decent too. white ranch was a possibility, but i only had limited time (got in sat, rode sat, sun, and thur).

my wife is going to denver in april. :think:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
For your information, I havent had McDonalds in like 4 months. Home cooked meals are the way to go. I take back that comment, maybe it isnt so hard to make.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
seriously, if you had considered that a lot of effort to make, i'd be curious as to hear your fast recipes. do you do the cooking, or someone else?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
For some people, driving to Taco Bell probably would be considered "too much work"........ :rolleyes:
LOL....seriously. Sounds like it probably took narlus all of 10 minutes to prepare the food for grilling.

My grill is covered in snow right now, and I really wanted to make kabobs this week.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
narlus said:
seriously, if you had considered that a lot of effort to make, i'd be curious as to hear your fast recipes. do you do the cooking, or someone else?
Since I am 16, I dont really have to make alot of my stuff. But I can if I need to because I dont mind being independent. You can find alot of fast recipes in Rachael Rays 30 Minute Meals book. Its filled with quick recipes. :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
how long did it take? weekday dinners are typically quicker events for me, if i wanna eat w/ the kids.
About 2 hours to cook, 10min to prepare. Just got home from work, preped it, through it in the oven and ate with the family. Mondays dinner was Mango salsa over salmon, w/sauted(sp) vegies.