Quantcast

~$~ Fry dray ~$~

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work.

Shitty sleep last night, kept waking up. Oh well. Coffee'ing it now.

At one building, have to travel to a different facility later and then am planning on leaving from there early to go for a ride.

Theres a nice contest challenge on Trailforks, for anyone that doesn't go there much.

:wave:

60% of my week has consisted of sitting in a meeting. Tired of that nonsense. So today I shall block out my calendar and maybe actually get something done.
This is the way. I suggest doing it more.

On Wednesday's I always have this booked, so that no one tries to book a meeting while I'm trying to wrap up the day and leave to go for the weekly group ride with friends.
1694779891010.png

I too, as @Nick does, should do it more on a daily basis, just to get some steady work time. It sucks when you get into the flow of something and then get interrupted by some meeting that you probably don't need to even be a part of.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am going to virtually attend 2 meetings today because I care. Still sick, but better. It's the brain fog that gets me, though. My wife finds that funny considering how much I smoke. :drag:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like poop again. Did a surprising amount of packing yesterday and I'm definitely going to need a shit load of more boxes. Lots of crap to throw out as well.

You guys and your meetings talk make me glad I do what I do. We only have meetings if people are getting laid off, and sometimes not even then.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tired. futzing around working on a talk for tonight and catching up on emails. nice crisp weather this morning. left my coffee cup on roof of the car and it fell off as we pulled out of the driveway. :stosh:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful people. It was 52 degrees this morning before sunrise and I thoroughly enjoyed jogging in it. Speaking of weather, I'm on storm duty standby for work this weekend thanks to that hurricane blowing offshore. They'll let me know tomorrow if I am being dispatched. I've got a half marathon tomorrow morning though so I told them I'm available after that. The wind shouldn't be too bad and I don't expect a lot of power lines to get pulled down.

ETA: We're taking in a foster dog tomorrow. Wife hopes he is a good running dog and we'll fail fostering and adopt him. He's a husky mix, so I am guessing he'll be a great runner. Our current dog was hyped as a good running buddy but it turns out she is a lazy sack of shit (but cute and cuddly).

Last edited:
Hello, beautiful people. It was 52 degrees this morning before sunrise and I thoroughly enjoyed jogging in it. Speaking of weather, I'm on storm duty standby for work this weekend thanks to that hurricane blowing offshore. They'll let me know tomorrow if I am being dispatched. I've got a half marathon tomorrow morning though so I told them I'm available after that. The wind shouldn't be too bad and I don't expect a lot of power lines to get pulled down.

ETA: We're taking in a foster dog tomorrow. Wife hopes he is a good running dog and we'll fail fostering and adopt him. He's a husky mix, so I am guessing he'll be a great runner. Our current dog was hyped as a good running buddy but it turns out she is a lazy sack of shit (but cute and cuddly).
49° F

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wife is currently in the throes of guilt wondering if we should have another child. She grew up as literally the only kid in her family and is worried ours will feel that same level of loneliness. :panic:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You're doomed. :rofl:
Maybe, maybe not. She had a rough go with pregnancy #1 and is approaching the tail end of the fertile years, even if decided to give it a go it's by no means a done deal.

You guys only have 1, right? I gotta imagine you had this conversation too at some point.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys only have 1, right? I gotta imagine you had this conversation too at some point.
We do only have one. The conversation did happen, and we pretty much agreed immediately that we were done. Though to be fair, we were definitely still processing a lot of trauma from my accident, my parents turning out to be shitty people, a lot of legal stuff, and a newborn at the time. Perhaps if we'd been in a healthier place when we had #1, maybe there would have been a #2? Can't really say either way for sure, but regret about our choice has never come up. And now that the kid is older and we're dealing with all the teenage stuff and all of her activities, I don't even know how we would deal with more than 1.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like having mah multiple kids

they are a pain logistically now and then. but I do not regret it

:)

/me pedaled in in the rain. dropped off Baby Aya first via Land Cruiser, though, since I didn't want her to be cold on the cargo bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wife is currently in the throes of guilt wondering if we should have another child. She grew up as literally the only kid in her family and is worried ours will feel that same level of loneliness. :panic:
we have two and I love them to death. I'd probably want more but money and no family means we are solo, so two has been enough of a challenge. There was a time when I wished we had stuck with 1, and I see the logic, so it's really up to you! (and her)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The impact of that many hikers in one group at one time on the trail is ridiculously irresponsible and screams self indulgence and white privilege. Furthermore, they will not all enjoy it and certainly will grow to despise her and her stupid idea.

ANd why on Earth does she have 15 kids? Eventually her womb must have prolapsed...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The impact of that many hikers in one group at one time on the trail is ridiculously irresponsible and screams self indulgence and white privilege. Furthermore, they will not all enjoy it and certainly will grow to despise her and her stupid idea.

ANd why on Earth does she have 15 kids? Eventually her womb must have prolapsed...
Yeah, I dunno about that. They are not the first large family to thru hike the AT. Been done a few times, actually. Consider that 3 million people hike some portion of the AT per year and there is only a tiny fraction of about 4,000 hikers who attempt a thru hike per year. I know because I was one of them. So her large family’s impact is negligible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, I dunno about that. They are not the first large family to thru hike the AT. Been done a few times, actually. Consider that 3 million people hike some portion of the AT per year and there is only a tiny fraction of about 4,000 hikers who attempt a thru hike per year. I know because I was one of them. So her large family’s impact is negligible.
Until you found a nice quiet place to set camp and a group of 16 people show up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
In other news, Doggo Tate got a face full of Bear-Ass.
You read that right. He was walking off leash on a trail with wifey. I guess he started sniffing something deep in some bushes, and a very large bear’s ass arose from the shrubbery, and took off running. Tate was unhappy they wouldn’t play with him.
This is his second encounter in two weeks.
Sayadasti was right, obviously, just big dogs.