Quantcast

FS race bikes

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
My gf's Epic and its predacessor. The Trek is now a "fun" bike. It is also being kept around "just in case..."
The HFX Mag Plu's have been added since the pic was taken. A big improvement over the Avid mech's, but the Avid's are still very nice.

6/20/04: I deleted the pic b/c of the new quota.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
Hey i've heard that the intense 5.5 is an awsome trail and x country bikes. it's got a little bit more travel than usual, but it's got a airshock, so it's stiffness is totally adjustable, and it's really light. check it out

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
flatulant_man said:
Hey i've heard that the intense 5.5 is an awsome trail and x country bikes. it's got a little bit more travel than usual, but it's got a airshock, so it's stiffness is totally adjustable, and it's really light. check it out
Yes you can adjust how stiff it is, but you shouldn't. VPP bikes are designed to sag to a specific point in their travel. If it is not set up properly, you will not be taking full advantage of the VPP. The wheel path will be fighting you instead of working for you.

2chains

Chimp
Jul 9, 2004
I used to ride a Trek y-22 cabon FS, but after a serious crash into a tree the frame shattered.
Now I ride a beautiful Trek Y-50 carbon frame FS with an "on the fly" variable lockout rear shock (lever on the bars). Love the bike. Sorry no pics.