***FTS GMT Monday***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
bummer Adventurous
HFBD FT

Get some AM

feeling non energetic this morning, might have something to do with 5 hours of Kayaking in 85 degree heat yesterday :neo:

Working a 0700 to 1400 shift with only 4 transports so it should be a chill day

sipping my espresso and hanging with the dogs for an hour before I head to work is a good way to start the day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
vallely and the birth of the viral video

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Temps here got into the 50's yesterday. Morning skiing was good but afternoon skiing turned to sticky mush. We only paid $50 for lift tix so I won't complain. More of the same today! Enjoy work, friends.

1000003643.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hbd @Full Trucker

My condolences re doggo @Adventurous

/me is giving a finance lecture to the residents at noon then wfh 1-4:45 or so. Baby Aya is chilling with me all day as she has a cough, the sneezies, and a low grade fever

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what, the hospital couldn't get Robert Downey Jr. to give a "using heroin responsibly" lecture today?
having a mortgage fixed at 1.75% basically makes me a wizard

/true story

(and yes, this is better than not having one in the sense of having leveraged money well below inflation. that's what I tell myself :D)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Decided the tankless is long-term the better investment, so sent confirm email. Hoping for install tomorrow.

Colleague that got the promotion over me said they had their first "lead" meeting and he was the youngest by 20yrs. It was pretty clear that the promotion was the solution for the raise issue they had around him because the conversation was largely based on the assumption that you already knew company structure and management. During our team meeting last week he couldn't explain some changes to our analytics software (human capital assumptions in Modern Portfolio Theory), so I ended up having to step in to answer everybody's questions. The "we fucked up" look on my boss's face just got worse because right before our call, I told him that the other group gave me an assumed mid-May timeline. He's going to lose arguably one of the most senior people in the entire department and there isn't a fucking thing he can do about it. Amusingly, I got an email from his boss this morning asking how things were going and if there was anything he could help me with. :rolleyes:

HBD @Full Trucker
Sorry @Adventurous

/me is giving a finance lecture to the residents at noon then wfh 1-4:45 or so. Baby Aya is chilling with me all day as she has a cough, the sneezies, and a low grade fever
Why is Mission Square not bring in one of their CFPs? And have, you know, an actual financial professional do financial education. Not to hate, but some of the things you've done in the past have made me scratch my head.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
having a mortgage fixed at 1.75% basically makes me a wizard

/true story

(and yes, this is better than not having one in the sense of having leveraged money well below inflation. that's what I tell myself :D)
Daaaaaang and I thought I was ballin' over here at 2.75

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Colleague that got the promotion over me said they had their first "lead" meeting and he was the youngest by 20yrs. It was pretty clear that the promotion was the solution for the raise issue they had around him because the conversation was largely based on the assumption that you already knew company structure and management. During our team meeting last week he couldn't explain some changes to our analytics software (human capital assumptions in Modern Portfolio Theory), so I ended up having to step in to answer everybody's questions. The "we fucked up" look on his face just got worse because right before our call, I told him that the other group gave me an assumed mid-May timeline. He's going to lose arguably one of the most senior people in the entire department and there isn't a fucking thing he can do about it. Amusingly, I got an email from his boss this morning asking how things were going and if there was anything he could help me with. :rolleyes:

FAFO.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why is Mission Square not bring in one of their CFPs? And have, you know, an actual financial professional do financial education. Not to hate, but some of the things you've done in the past have made me scratch my head.
I don't tell them to make decisions like me. and I spun the earlier version of this lecture into a paper, which is my currency, if you will.

Daaaaaang and I thought I was ballin' over here at 2.75
15 years term is the catch to that one. took cash back out to the conforming limit because that's nearly-free money. ~1/8th of a point paid, for the record.

(mountain house is 30 years fixed x 2.375% for 7/8th of a point. which is probably even more amazing as that's jumbo 2nd house money. stupid lender == my gain.)