Quantcast

Full Suspension back to a Hardtail - Who's done it?

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
I blew the rear shock on my AC, and started riding my FreeAgent Betty hjard tail as a 1x9 with an old z.3 fork I had (frame was $90 at Jenson)....I have had my fs rig back for some time now, but have only ridden it once. My ht rails like mad, and once I got used to landing with it, it jumps soooo nice (I could use a fork upgrade, but...).

As to Bab's point about places like Cockaponset, yeah they are rough, but Betty still killed it out there, but thats also because I know the place. If I were going out for a day of exploring, I'd take the full bounce. Just my $.02....

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
I went from a 5" travel 32 pound FS rig to a 40 pound evil imperial. Best thing I ever did. I never realized how much of a hack that little 5" of travel made me. I now ride smoother, more technical, and and will always have more confidence wheelie dropping a drop rather than the launch-and-squish that was oh-so-forgiving on the FS. I have been gettign the itch to simply ride a FS since I havent sat on anything but the imperial in about a year, but im assuming that after the ultra still imperial, any FS is going to feel like a big boat, and i hate the water.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I dun it. sorta. I went from a '01 Norco Launch (modified to 7") with a '01 SuperT to a 24 LeToy 3 with a 4" fox fork. I now have a Monster on the Toy for DHing. Initially I had both and rode both quite often, but then I had some $$ issues and simply could not part with the Toy so I sold the Launch. In all likelihood, my next bike is going to be a Kona Unit (I think I might throw the Fox fork on) and then back to a bigass squishy. read: Canfield Fatty Fat w/ something like an avy or maybe the new fox fork..:drool: The ht is fun, but on the big knar dh runs nothing beats a big fully...I get pretty beat up and tired by the end of the day trying to keep up with the boys on the big bikes..why have one bike when you can have 2 or 3...or 7 :)