Quantcast

Fun with Bibs on 405-NBR-

Well yesterday, I got in a "lil" fender bender on 405. Some may have seen it on the morning news. I was rear ender by two vehicles, first a full size van, that swerved left after tearing up my right side. The second a Ford focus that plowed straight into me. This is my first car accident, and HOLY HELL am I sore today. I was hit so hard my radios popped out of my dash, my front turn signals popped out. My rear window exploded and it accident caused 12,00.00 worth of damage to my favorite car. My sportworks saved me from worse damage, but its done for. :( Here are a few pictures form the aftermath. The pictures dont show all the bent frame and doors that cant open :(

I have bad luck, and the kid still hasn't paid me for my bike........****ER!!

That sucks! Hope you don't have any lingering effects.

...ahh, so what car you gonna get now?

no idea...just hoping I don't get screwed over by insurance..even though it was their faults. Another wagon for sure or my girl wants me to get a jeep..but I don't understand...maybe its a jeep thing...GOD I wont buy a jeep just for that sticker...just like DELL..I'm on hydrocodone :)

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
...or you could say that the Cannondale was on the rack when it got hit and you couldn't find it when you got outta the car? Ejected off the back kinda thing. :) That does suck though. If you play it right you could get a new car and a bike outta the deal. Good luck!

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
...or you could say that the Cannondale was on the rack when it got hit and you couldn't find it when you got outta the car? Ejected off the back kinda thing. :) That does suck though. If you play it right you could get a new car and a bike outta the deal. Good luck!
Yep work it baby shake that money maker !!!!:cheers:

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
no idea...just hoping I don't get screwed over by insurance..even though it was their faults. Another wagon for sure or my girl wants me to get a jeep..but I don't understand...maybe its a jeep thing...GOD I wont buy a jeep just for that sticker...just like DELL..I'm on hydrocodone :)
I got a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Its listed at $25,000. I paid $19,000 BIATCH. 8 month old lease return. New it would have been $31,200. Not bad for an 8 motnh old car, getting $12,000 off.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Only problem with the SRT-8 is that fancy new lifetime warranty does not cover the SRT vehicles. Sucks bout your euro trash mobile bibs.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Jeep?!?! Naw you don't need a Jeep - you need one of these bad boys

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Next time put this super reflective white and red reflective tape you can buy at Lowes on your rack. Its expensive ($5 for 4 6" strips) but its super reflective evening in the day time. I cut the 4 strips into little pieces and put it in various key area in the folded and unfolded positions.

Cuervo

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Bibs, what are you doing with that bent rack? You should sell it to me cheap and I'll fix it.
-Boe

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bibs mobile has been replaced today by a newer version! but same thing!!
Too bad you could not wait for the 2009 TDI Jetta Wagon - Bluetec (or whatever VW is going to call it now) 50 state emissions 40/60 mpg city/highway, 32 cu ft storage behind the back seat.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Sweetness. I got rear ended twice in DC in my nice little Acura. One with my sportworks down and a bike on the inside slot. Jacked up the empty tray and the end of the main bar but no bolt, hitch, or car damage. The other rear end was a hit and run and I got stuck with the bill. Looks like you got hammered though to see that hitch mount bent like that.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
yea, I got a whooping. No bikes on thank god! Id cry..

I love the Jetta TDI's, after driving Five's to Monterrey..great car, but I got hooked up on this car and loved it.
Nothing wrong with replacing the Passat with a Passat. They're great! Although I'm eyeing out the 08 Jettawagon Diesel....I got ggrubb looking at it too.

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Nothing wrong with replacing the Passat with a Passat. They're great! Although I'm eyeing out the 08 Jettawagon Diesel....I got ggrubb looking at it too.
The JettaWagon Diesel is the sensible vehicle that would be the perfect "do everything".
But I don’t know that it would fulfill my mid-life crisis needs that the GTI would.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea, I got a whooping. No bikes on thank god! Id cry..

I love the Jetta TDI's, after driving Five's to Monterrey..great car, but I got hooked up on this car and loved it.
word jetta tdi!

an too bad the judge wasnt on the rack then either that lady woulda been screwed, or the people who hit you woulda have to give msrp on the bike and you said you only had to give a certain amount to her and you oulda pocketed some :)

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
After our experience with the '03 Jetta wagon and my previous experience with a '96 Passat wagon and even more previously with the Audi 4000 (pretty much identical to a VW Quantum), I will never buy another VW/Audi again.

OK, I should never say never. If I could get a screaming deal on a '99 or newer Golf TDI I might consider it. But it would have to be SCREAMING! And since people think anything that is TDI is worth double book recently that isn't going to happen.

$13,000 for a car with 120,000 miles and a "branded" title but "runds and drives great!". I don't think so...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
After our experience with the '03 Jetta wagon and my previous experience with a '96 Passat wagon and even more previously with the Audi 4000 (pretty much identical to a VW Quantum), I will never buy another VW/Audi again.

OK, I should never say never. If I could get a screaming deal on a '99 or newer Golf TDI I might consider it. But it would have to be SCREAMING! And since people think anything that is TDI is worth double book recently that isn't going to happen.

$13,000 for a car with 120,000 miles and a "branded" title but "runds and drives great!". I don't think so...

Oh, I'll go ahead and say NEVER AGAIN! No money is worth all the hassle that pile gave us.

Glad to hear your not hurt Cory.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
thanks ever one, I wish I could keep the judge too...It makes me sad. Im gonna buy a road bike soon. Shed some "injury weight" lol... Heres my new baby..
Glad to hear you're in one piece.

Road bikin is more dangerous than XC, i'm always concerned about getting car killed. Buy a Chameleon and ride XC, may as well have a fun ride while shedding the flabbo. Plus if you die on XC it's because Sasquatch kicks your ass for stealing his beef jerky, not because some guy on a cel phone isn't paying attention to the road.