Quantcast

G4/G5 Sound Defect Petition

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Another high quality feature on premium Apple products - new class action in the making. Luck for me I haven't noticed this on my Mini.

Gizmodo said:
Owners of the Mac PowerBook G4 are experiencing an audio defect in their high-resolution, 15- and 17-inch models. The problem, described as a looping echo sound that magnifies itself for about four to five seconds while playing any kind of audio or video, was also reported in 12-inch notebooks. There are also numerous reports that this problem occurs in other Apple computers such as the Power Mac G5, iMac and iBook. A group has started an online petition to demand that Apple take action and solve this problem. If you’re experiencing these difficulties, head on over here to sign the petition.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Why do you care? You don't have one. You are like a broken record.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
What's the big deal? It's not like these are used in recroding studios or anything.

Oh, wait....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BeerDemon said:
Why do you care? You don't have one. You are like a broken record.
I think the real question is, why are you bumping a month-and-a-half old post that everyone else had the wisdom to ignore? ;)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
binary visions said:
I think the real question is, why are you bumping a month-and-a-half old post that everyone else had the wisdom to ignore? ;)
I found it in a search and didn't realize how old it was. Anyone think Syadasti is a bot like that Joe Bialek dude?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I have a Mac Mini 2nd generation upgraded to 1GB and 7200RPM 8MB HDD from a blade server.

Its well known Apple is notorious for ****ty quality control (good thing you paid the premium!) Most people would like to make Apple do something about their half-assed defective products and would not mind signing a class action...

Do you ride a defective fork and curse people who tell you it has been recalled?