Quantcast

ga warm up race

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
if anyone reads this in this forumn and you are from ga, come on and check out the race my friend is putting on this weekend here in jonesboro. i designed the course so you can be sure it's going to be fast. the guy who is putting the race on and i did some laps out on the course yesterday at a moderate pace and pushed in a 33 minute lap on a 7 or 8 mile loops. here is the site if you want more information.....the site says the lap is 5 miles b/c he didn't know the milage so just put something up lol. http://ajriding.homestead.com/abc.html

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Well, I did the Race. Beginner Class, Age group 30-39.

I came in 5th in my age group, with a time of 1:16:46 over a course that was 2x6 miles. The course was tougher than I imagined it would be. Sad to say I didn't pre-ride. There were a lot of tight & blind turns. A lot of singletrack, but no long sections that allowed for any flow. It seemed to me that you were either pedalling back up to speed or braking to a make a tight turn. I had a fun time and won't mention the overall feeling of many of the begineers that there might have been some sandbagging in the class and other little gripes.

I have respect for the Sport and Expert classes for doing 3 and 4 laps respectively. I could not have done it. Thanks for the heads up on the Race Indieboy. I saw you start your race, how did you finish?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i had a great first lap and first half of the 2nd lap, but things went downhill from there. i was riding w/ the top 4 who were all either semi pro or former pro roadies and felt just fine. that was untill i crashed on my second lap. my front wheel caught the corner of a root then snagged a rock, i wasn't paying attention at all and that's what got me. it just slung me off the bike and i snaged a tree w/ my shoulder. i just laid there stunned for about a minute or so and finally got up and rode off. but i couldn't get back into the pace i was going before but that was okie i just kept riding. and finally on the last lap my legs just gave out on me b/c i did 2 laps before the race. one was mandatory that i had to do to check and make sure the course was still marked before the sport riders went off and then i did one w/ a friend not to long before our race. i wasn't to worried about my finish, i wanted to finish where i was ridin the first 2 laps but a mixture of several things prevented me from doing so. not to worried about it, it's VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY early in the year and i've got lots of racing left. i ended up doing 7 laps on the day plus my warm up on the road surrounding the park so i got in about 50 miles, so it was good training. and yes i do believe there were sandbaggers in your class, generally most beginner racers are way to competive anyways. and there where places where you could flow, if they hadn't destroyed part of the course there would have been a killer section to flow down but oh well. glad to hear you made it out there. you should have tried to find me i was there the entire day. you saw the start huh? i think i had a good start, sat in 3rd on the road just drafting off a friend, they slowed down though i thought we were gonna get away from them on the single track. if i could have gotten around this one guy on the start in the woods i would have picked up the pace a little bit to hurt some of the non locals and allowed some of my friends to benefit from it. but that didn't happen. hope to see ya at some of the other races. the next one is next weekend in athens www.bike4fun.com to check out info about it. congrats on the finish. how did you like the course?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I would have spoken to you, but I was registering & you were on your way down to the start line, so I didn't want to bother you.

The course was pretty well laid out, for what was available, I will come back and ride there for fun. Althpugh there were a lot of blind turns where the course changed from on singletrack to another, seeming to me to break the flow sections, but I don't know the area, so I really couldn't tell what would happen if the course continued on the original track.

See my pm for something I think could 've been done diff.