Quantcast

Gambrill and Schaeffer Farms

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
Is the snow gone in Gambrill? I'm not that far away in Frederick but if i drag my rear out of bed in the morning all hyped for a ride and get up there and there is snow then i'm going to be ticked.
I thought Schaeffer shut down for the winter but wasnt sure. I need to get out and ride. There is no decent place to keep me entertained for snowboarding around here.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
If there's still snow at my house in DC there's still snow at gambril. Get on more-mtb.org and check out their up to the minute trail condition reports. Everything is going to be a mudfest right now though.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
Well DC got the last snow worse than we did up here so i'm hoping that it didnt affect it to much. Supposed to be real nice this weekend so even if there is should be easy enough to ride through:clapping:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Schaeffer is pretty muddy, Ive been around the area and all the terrain is kind of soupy still.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
i dont think my tires will mess up the pretty rocks at gambrill. Schaeffer i think has trail maitenance going on but stumpjump is right schaeffer gets muddy.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Its a more XCish mountain bike park in germantown. Its like 2 mins from where I live. Great for getting my lazy ass in shape. You should bring one of your light bikes down and come ride with me.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
No maybe...just do it.

I got extra front brakes if you need.

I could also just slow you down with sticks.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Stump, where were you on Friday? The riding was pretty good. A couple of new log features were rather fun.

--the pump track has some new rock-solid berms now.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I was acutally there on Friday for a little over an hour. I was freezing my ass off after a good splash on the white trail. I got a little frozen and decided it was time to kick home. You wont see my car there anymore as I live like 3 minutes from schaeffer now.

Can't wait to get on the pumptrack

Clay - Where you been? The sunday is ready to go so let me know whenever you want to hit the shed, yo cabin, or anywhere else.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I really like how it says under mid atlantic, "maryland and pennsylvania qualify." Ha ha ha, like helLOOOo Maryland is smack dab dead center of the mid-atlantic. I mean it's mid way up the atlantic coast, and in the center of va, delaware pa. Could it get any closer to qualifying? I mean personally I think this forum section should say, Mid-Atlantic, "All others ask Maryland and Pennsylvania permission to qualify."

But on a nutha note, where the SAM HILL is Shaeffer farms and what is it? A park like Gambrills or Patasaco State Park off of Route 1 which is not only where I ride, but it's also free to ride or is it some place like Whitetail Ski Resort that charges bucks to ride. Just curious. And a map would be nice. A link would be better. Pics would be honorary.

I heard Gambrills is all baby heads, rocks everywhere sticking out of the ground.