Quantcast

Gas Station "Food" :

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What are your favorite items from underneath the heat lamp?

I just got an incredibly greazy philly cheese steak, and it was glorious!

Anyone ever go for the nachos with the liquid meat from the dispenser?

What about the hotdogs that have been rolling on that rotisserie machine for hours?

Tacquitos?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Tacquitos. :drool:

And the WaWa stores around here have the stuffed pretzels. Cinnamon pretzel stuffed with sweet cream cheese. Yessir.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
There's a chain of convenience stores here called "Allsup's" that make these deep fried burritos that kick so much ass. You can get 2 of them and a 32oz drink for $2.59. Best 3 bucks you'll ever spend.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
rotaters? No thanks. Had one in myrtle beach once, and I still don't feel right.

They don't cook, they just sweat. For hours. Who knows how long they sit there for?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
When I was high school, I'd bike over to 7-11 and fill my nachos container with that plastic cheese and top it off with chili. I had to eat my nachos with a spoon. I came out alright... *twitch*

They also had these huge green burritos called the Bomb or something like that. cheap eats.

edit: that was when I hung out at the bmx track til dark almost every day. Ahhhh those were the days. Sitting on the first step up with nachos and a 64oz soda.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The best gas station food is in teh south imho.
Like chicken on a stick, potato logs aka jo-jo's, wings, fried catfish, fried chicken, fried pickles, egg rolls & burritos.
For breakfast....Hot link & biscuit, country fried steak biscuit, sausage & biscuit...:drool:

At one point in life I lived off of Circle K. Massive sodas, nachos with cheeze & chili from the dispenser, hot dogs, taquitos.....ugh....I feel sick now.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
At one point in life I lived off of Circle K. Massive sodas, nachos with cheeze & chili from the dispenser, hot dogs, taquitos.....ugh....I feel sick now.
I drank Slurpies by the gallon. My god, the sugar!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Like TN was saying you can get anything you want in a southern gas station as long as it fits in a fryer.

But the ultimate gas station food is the banana flip.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Thank you Shirley for using quotes correctly. I was in iHop today and the sign in the bathroom said <Employees must "wash" hands> What a reassuring sign.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Emergency meal the past summer: Cheese/Bacon filled chorizo sausage with bread and 200 grams of mashed potatoes on the side.

I can haz coronary!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Not gas station, but once I was driving across the country and stopped in a Walmart. Bought a huge sandwich, was like 2 feet long. Kept it cool in the footwell with the AC. Kept me alive for like 2 days.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
There was a Fast Fare that was basically on the way to my apartment from anywhere I'd normally be drinking. I came to on my couch one morning with 9 Styrofoam hot dog containers, a half eaten hot dog in my hand and a bag of ruffles that looked like edward scissorhands had been eating them.

My roomate said I threatened to kill him with a hot dog if he got within 5 feet.

I found a large Icee and a half gallon chocolate milk in my car.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I came to on my couch one morning with 9 Styrofoam hot dog containers, a half eaten hot dog in my hand and a bag of ruffles that looked like edward scissorhands had been eating them.

My roomate said I threatened to kill him with a hot dog if he got within 5 feet.

I found a large Icee and a half gallon chocolate milk in my car.

Was this from a night of drinking or smoking? maybe both

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Jamaican Beef Patty, if available.

And you should ALL travel to New Zealand to eat meat pies from a BP gas station.