Quantcast

Gateway Flow Park - Travelers Rest SC

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
New PumpTrack in town ! Yeah it's been a long time coming.

Gateway Flow Park in TR; this is Phase I details on Phase II coming soon....

Thanks to Everyone involved in making this project happen....Nearly 3 years of trying to raise money and support to get the project completed! and it all came together this past Saturday and Sunday.

Big thanks to Ty Houck of Greenville Rec. Bo at Sunrift Adventures, Woody Keen of Trail Dynamics, Michael Thomas and Andrew Mueller for their design expertise, UpstateSORBA's Jonathon Laroy for not giving up on this project, Matt Griffin , Zac Cutright, Jarret Peek, and Colin Young from Greenville Rec for the two days of shaping this thing from a bigass pile of dirt to something that is so fun to ride! A Big Thank YOU to all of the wonderful Volunteers that came out on Sunday to wrap this thing up.

the Kids Beginner loop

All of the pics i took are Gateway Flow Park - a set on Flickr

Directions to the Park. We're on the backside of the Baseball Field.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215393251642729619503.000464503c897860bf5b1&msa=0&ll=34.971922,-82.44117&spn=0.008141,0.007145

Come out and check it out!

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Massive.

I stopped by after riding Paris mtn this morning and there were tons of kids on it. The thing is rock hard already and they're loving it. I was cruising laps no problem on my trailbike, its super fast.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Awesome.
Nothing packs like Georgia clay.
What is ironic is that I was sitting in the rain all weekend in the high country on a camping trip. I would have much rather been shaping that.
I will check it out this week.
It looks sick.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Awesome.
Nothing packs like Georgia clay.
What is ironic is that I was sitting in the rain all weekend in the high country on a camping trip. I would have much rather been shaping that.
I will check it out this week.
It looks sick.
You better call me. I need to poach someone's hardtail.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You better call me. I need to poach someone's hardtail.
Ah man, I missed your post.
I headed out there today right after I saw the pics.;)
I'll go back out there and meet you anytime though.
My hardtail was loving that track.

Great job to everyone involved.
I rode that thing for 2 hours straight, and I left grinning and soaking wet.
There was a ton of neighborhood kids out there learning to ride it.
Every community needs something that sick.
It made me want to do whatever I have to do to get one built in a local Spartanburg park.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
My wife and I stopped by Sunday afternoon on the way back from doing some DHing in Asheville. Thanks to Josh for telling us is was done. GREAT JOB GUYS! Now I have a real reason to get a DJ bike.... just need to find one.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
im at ft benning GA im lookin to scope this place out soon, looks fun! thanks to those that worked on it! if anyone knows of some freeriding around my area (columbus or near ) or DJ spots ( aside from the skatepark )...also is there a nearby address i can use for GPS ?