Quantcast

Gathering attendance

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
i have no clue. but i do have a good idea that phil sundbuam will be there, you can cocider him pro(or is he pro?). he is all that i now of so far that will be there. but i can promise you that there will be lots and lots of monkeys that will know!

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
well, its a possibility that kyle strait may show up, phil is pro, aaron chase, john cowan, berrecloth, dunne, basagotia...some others that i cant recall, but it should be a GREAT show with lots of local BIG GUNS!!!! everyone should show up and show their support for the locals.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
name dropper...... haha

Saw in Decline today a mention of the upcoming event, and how it was everyones favorite deal because it was a midwinter event.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
man i dont know...i talked to andy tonight...doesnt sound like hes gonna compete....his leg is bothering him too much...but ya....travis and phil.......props to those two....throw down some big sh!t!!!!!!!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Hmm I take that back ghy site does not list the rider list :( ?? Last year they did, I would think they would want to post something like that. Paul B., B. Claw, Chase, Cowen, Porter, John J., McCaul, Phil S., Metzger, Vandine, Hacksaw, Peanut, Jordie Lunn, Carter Holsand, Shane Knapp, Greg Watts, Rider Kyspric, and a bunch of more I cant reamber right now competed last year, I would imagin that alot of them would come back, it was really well done, when you consider it was the first event.

Sep 8, 2004
I imagine Phil will be tailtapping the rafters during backflips at skatebarn again, insane stuff. I wish I could go, but work calls. sheesh!

-James

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
has anyone heard the rumor of the guy riding the lowrider bike with the dropped bars??? im not sure what night he is riding, but i heard friday night....should be interesting..watch out for it......:blah:

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
So the gathering is tomorrow, I kind of thought there would be more excitment about it. Hell NSMB has a press release link on the there home page. Anyways, just a reminder if you want to show other promoters that we can support major MTB events(XC,DH,ect..) in the state.Come out and show your support. It will be a good time for everyone.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
BIGHIT756 said:
has anyone heard the rumor of the guy riding the lowrider bike with the dropped bars??? im not sure what night he is riding, but i heard friday night....should be interesting..watch out for it......:blah:
isn't that bike down at the shop(center)? i thought i saw a green lowrider with exuast pipe thingys on the axle nuts down there.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'll be busy riding this afternoon, but will definitely be down there tonight! Woot!!! Yee-haw!!! Aieeeeeeeeee!!!! How's that, James?:)

I'm only going to be able to make it tonight as I have to work tomorrow. Well, that's 50% better attendance than the first Gathering for me.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I'll be up tonight about 7:30 or 8, and tomorrow pretty much all day. I like the schedule a hell of a lot better this year! Stoked for a good comp!

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I'll drag my wife down with me and check it out this year.

This'll be my first competition (spectating), so it'll be interesting to see how the riders look compared to the NWD videos.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sooooooooooo...that was a pretty sick 1st night of competition. Too much to describe in a single post - can't wait to see some video of it all just to be sure I saw a few things that I thought I saw. MAJOR props to Go Huck Yourself for putting on a kil-ler event!!!:thumb:

I'm really bummed I have to work tomorrow.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Cam Mcauls barrel roll transfers and Barrel roll drop ins were insane, saw Bearclaw have a killer run right at the end. Huge tricks off every lip.

Good job GHY.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Dude, for sure...that barrel roll was one of the coolest things I've ever seen:cool:

Oh, and I thought the band was pretty good too:)

Great job GHY!:thumb:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
The barrell roll was cool - all those guys were throwing it down. I have a ton of pics and I'll post some up later.

Oh and what's up w/ "beginners" pulling backflips - that's a beginner?

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
That was the first contest I have ever watched for Mtn Bikes. And the only DRY SEATTLE activity on dirt I have seen in january before.

Looks like alot of people worked really hard to pull that event off. Thanks to all of them I had such a kickass time.

Can't wait to get down to skatebarn later!