Quantcast

george bush

Mar 30, 2004
Lexington, KY
can i get some opinions on george bush...people got pissed when i tried to post this in the lounge... so im postin it here now...hopefully someone will answer...maybe even silver........a**hole

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
luznmemnd2002 said:
maybe even silver........a**hole
best first post by someone in the political forum :thumb:

what info are you looking for with regards to GWB?

I mean, you seem to like the guy and just wanna feel good about him. If that's the case, then I'm sure N8 will be along any time to play cheerleader :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Opinions...

Worst president ever. I'm not sure if he is stupid or crazy like a fox, but at this point I don't care anymore. A dishonest president I can put up with (seems like we don't really have a choice,) but a willfully ignorant one is just too much for me.

But you know what they say about opinions...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
LordOpie said:
He's so drastic that he'll either go down as the worst ever or be hailed as one of the best ever.
Looking at the way he managed to burn all the goodwill the US had after 9/11, I'd say that the historians are not going to look that kindly upon him.

Still, I hit the carpet every night praying that he makes it to November. The two scariest words in the English language when combined? "President Cheney"

Ughh....I need a shower.

Mar 30, 2004
Lexington, KY
he isnt that great of a president and im not saying i like him, but wtf is neone thinking to have kerry be put in office...he'll be worse than clinton. clinton was decent for a while, but the dumbf*** screwed our economy at the last second,lied to the country, and he wont keep his d*** mouth shut with china. Now china has bout 20 years of war science that they wouldnt have had...its not like china is to friendly to us either...l'opie, are u for or against bush when it comes to kerry...both arent great, but damn, i sure as h*** dont want america to go to kerry and let him screw our economy even more, silver, even u can understand that...i hope

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
luznmemnd2002 said:
clinton was decent for a while, but the dumbf*** screwed our economy at the last second
you're going to have to substatiate your comments. Explain or provide a link on how Clinton screwed the economy.

luznmemnd2002 said:
l'opie, are u for or against bush when it comes to kerry...both arent great, but damn, i sure as h*** dont want america to go to kerry and let him screw our economy even more, silver, even u can understand that...i hope
Ironically, I would vote for Kerry because he would be far better for the US economy than Bush (screwed up budget, whacky farm and pharm policies), but I like Bush's foreign policy better. Granted, that's in part cuz Kerry hasn't really spoken up enough for me to form any sort of opinion.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My grandparents have mountain bikes too and then ride them on roads - dirt and asphalt - the body position is more comfortable than a road bike and older people like that.

Of course they don't claim to be and aren't mountain bikers. Neither is Bush ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
syadasti said:
Of course they don't claim to be and aren't mountain bikers. Neither is Bush ;)
I bet you $5 that in a XC race longer than 15 miles and 3000' of gain that, against all of RM, Bush would place in the top 1/3 :devil:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The article on him said he was new to the sport and an ambulance drives next to him - he is riding flat terrain - it ain't no mountain...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
LordOpie said:
I bet you $5 that in a XC race longer than 15 miles and 3000' of gain that, against all of RM, Bush would place in the top 1/3 :devil:
DH race would be better, you can enter too Loopie, you've got all that momentum to help you. :devil:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
George W. Bush Resume
Past work experience:

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

Attacked and took over two countries.

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.

Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders circumventing the Constitution than any president in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleezza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).

Had more states to simultaneously go bankrupt than any president in the history of the United States.

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

First US president to establish a secret shadow government.

Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.

Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References:

At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war.

Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.

For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)
(compliments of BuzzFlash.com)

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Thats some good stuff bigmike! I think bush is a moron. We seriously have a puppet for a president, he says some of the most stupid things when hes without his Q-cards. Its worthwhile checking out www.howardstern.com he has many interesting links relating to this type of stuff. I cant wait to see Micheal Moores, "Farenheit 9/11", should be very interesting! There is so much about this guy that people are oblivious to, or dont want to admit, its nuts

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
i did see that flick, thought it was shocking. I am a ralatively young guy just begining to look at politics and form my own opinions and ideas, that film had some things Id never really thought of. FYI. when i said above that " there is so much about this guy that people are oblivious to" I was refering to bush. not to get off the bush topic, I am with Moore on this stuff.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
i cant say i remember enough of the film to make valid conclusions. I saw it a while back, this was before I really had an interest in this type of thing. What really sparked my interest, more recently than BFC, in this "politics" stuff was the whole deal with Howard Stern and the FCC. I would be willing to rent BFC again, What did you particularly find so misleading and halve truthed in BFC?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
bigshred said:
...whole deal with Howard Stern and the FCC.
what about it? Do you mean the FCC coming down harder on everyone like Bubba the Love Sponge in Tampa or Janet Jackson? Or something specific to stern?

bigshred said:
What did you particularly find so misleading and halve truthed in BFC?
I never saw it.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bigshred said:
i cant say i remember enough of the film to make valid conclusions. I saw it a while back, this was before I really had an interest in this type of thing. What really sparked my interest, more recently than BFC, in this "politics" stuff was the whole deal with Howard Stern and the FCC. I would be willing to rent BFC again, What did you particularly find so misleading and halve truthed in BFC?
You should always take everything that somebody else tells you as fact with a grain of salt. Was "Bowling for Columbine" full of half truths? Yes. Did it bring up some good point about our societies outlook on guns? Yes. Can you get a gun for opening a checking account? No, you get a voucher for a free gun after a background check. Are there scary gun totin' freaks in Mich? Yes. Can 16 yr old kids by handgun ammo at K-mart? Yes. I used to buy gun powder at Wal-mart when I was 13-14.

The most important thing about democracy is to take all the facts and make up your own mind. Stay away from AM radio.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
LordOpie said:
so you didn't think BfC was full of half-truths and misleading conclusions?
This to indicates at least seeing 5 minutes of it. Oh, someone probably told you about half truths so you figured you didn't need to see it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Slugman said:
Then why were you asking about the half truths?
:rolleyes:
Why do you ask about riding a bike... we know you've never been on one :blah:

Besides, it's well documented that BFC is a joke of a movie.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlySurly said:
He was asking because most the people here who saw it thought that was the case.
Define most? I saw it, can't say I listened to every word moore had to say, but some valid points are brought into question.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BurlySurly said:
He was asking because most the people here who saw it thought that was the case.
Aparently not only can he not make his own opinions, but he can't post his own responses...

Ever read the NRA newsletter... talk about half truths!!!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Lexx D said:
This to indicates at least seeing 5 minutes of it.
not true at all. I simply made a non-committal statement that you made an assumption on. Kind of my point about BFC :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Slugman said:
Aparently not only can he not make his own opinions, but he can't post his own responses...
I'm very sincerely sorry for not being here, but I had some work to do.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
LordOpie said:
Besides, it's well documented that BFC is a joke of a movie.
Now I'm confused. :confused: While I don't consider it all true. I wouldn't say it's "well documented........joke of a movie"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
buildyourown said:
You should always take everything that somebody else tells you as fact with a grain of salt. Was "Bowling for Columbine" full of half truths? Yes. Did it bring up some good point about our societies outlook on guns? Yes. Can you get a gun for opening a checking account? No, you get a voucher for a free gun after a background check. Are there scary gun totin' freaks in Mich? Yes. Can 16 yr old kids by handgun ammo at K-mart? Yes. I used to buy gun powder at Wal-mart when I was 13-14.

The most important thing about democracy is to take all the facts and make up your own mind. Stay away from AM radio.
Reasonable, responsible and insightful posts are not allowed. Didn't you read the rules?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
LordOpie said:
not true at all. I simply made a non-committal statement that you made an assumption on. Kind of my point about BFC :D
Close. Had you only asked if he had seen it this would be true. But commenting on "half truths" indicates some knowledge other than what you read online :)