Quantcast

GES#11 Finals at the Famed Plattekill Mountain

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That sucks, I'll likely be out too due to work load.

What got crunched up?
Front part of my truck. I was able to drive it to work this morning, but things got shaky over about 60mph. A good bit of the damage I can fix myself, but I can't touch anything until a claims adjuster takes a look at it.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
well let's see.. rock drop you can see on the left as you head up the mountain on the double chair. we'll there's only one

maybe a top secret pic would help??

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
oh well a couple more......the Delta House boys are gonna be a little mad

this pic is not to show what Laszlo drives to work but the distance of the road gap in the background

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Can't wait. Leaving in the morning, planning on all 4 days and racing my first DH race ever. Cat 2 or 3 I'm not really sure.

I'll bring the hardtail too, maybe do the DS race just for kicks. :)

!!!! so happy, fall is awesome.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I haven't ridden the course as marked, but I'm pretty sure 90% of the course consists of my favorite trail at plattekill...so it's probably been cleaned and buffed somewhat, but that course is shallow up top through the woods, then across the hill it gets crazy steep, then cuts back to the middle to that wonderful section I call the "tunnel" as you go through the trees right next to the lift, then you head over to the left where there's a buttload of "finishing" sections just behind the sheds and the lower DS course.

I ride that trail like 4 times every day I'm there.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Looks awesome can't wait to get back to Plattekill this weekend.

Voodoo, based on the taping I see, looks like you and I have no choice but to hit that..my license says Cat 1, but my head right nows says Cat 3.:D:eek:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
.my license says Cat 1, but my head right nows says Cat 3.:D:eek:
I have no license, so I'll probably be cat 2, but man do I want to race that course. :rant:

That jump looks super well built and the landing even has a good runout...they're starting to build real drops and courses at platty! Oh nooooooooooooooooes!!!!!!!!!11111111one

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
well let's see.. rock drop you can see on the left as you head up the mountain on the double chair. we'll there's only one

maybe a top secret pic would help??
My bad. I thought we were talking about the potential road gap on "Ulmer's Ultimatum."

This new one looks pretty sweet! That will be a great section as the entrance was high speed as well as the exit. But before the gap it was kind of a weird g-out/off camber turn back into the woods. Nice work again Delta House.