Quantcast

GES #4 - Highland Mountain Bike Park

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
It is 80.00 prereg for two days of Riding/Racing, that includes race fee and another 8.00 off on Friday lift pass IF you Pre register online.

Normal lift price at Highland is 36.00 a day that is 72.00 for the Sat and Sun, and 18.00 to race, that is a deal when you got what Highland has to offer on top of the racing the GES IMO. Pre-reg
I agree that $80 or $85 is a good deal for two days of riding and a race. Hell, I spend well more than that for two weekend days snowboarding anywhere here in the northeast. What I was saying is that sometimes I cant make the whole weekend of a race, and its nice to see Highland offer a one day entry fee. You dont often see that. I've actually never seen it except at Highland. Yeah $61 is steep for one day, especially compared to Mt Rains $60 for the whole weekend, but the riding besides the race course at Mt Snow pretty much blows, IMO, whereas Highland has so much more to offer.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I'm sure this race is going to be great but I'll be heading to Pat's Peak. One of my all-time favorite courses and its only 20min from the house:thumb:

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
So technically if one was to have a season pass at Highland you could ride the course Saturday on that and then pay the $61 to sign up/race on Sunday as opposed to the $85 on site/$80 pre register?

I am assuming there is no dumb rule stopping one from doing this like needing a plate to get on course Saturday right? (even though it would be hard to enforce).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
in all fairness, the Highland race was schedule long before the Pat's peak race. speak to Pat's peak about the schedule conflict if its a problem
I thought the pat's peak thing was a recurring event and thus the dilemma...ie, pat's peak's event existing before highland did. I could be wrong.

Highland has so much more to offer.
highland does have a **** ton of awesome riding...you'd be a fool not to go even just to ride

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I rode it over the weekend and it should be really good, especially with some more traffic. Nice and wide at the top with loam and sweeping turns. Some really rocky stuff and shouldn't be too much pedalling. The tape started after the last flat rise at the very top so I reckon that stuff won't be included. It seemed like it was about 50/50 maiden and new stuff. It seemed like the objective of the new sections was to keep speed higher.

Last edited: