Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pau1

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
virginia beach
I have an STP and I was looking to get rid of the tensioner. Some people have told me I could get a half link and others have said to keep the tensioner. What do you think and why? Also if you chose to get a half link where should i get it? If you chose other, what should I do. Thanks

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I don't know if you're already on a single-speed, or if you mean getting rid of the derailer. I converted mine to single-speed, and I used a DMR STS. I loved it. It's not spring-loaded, so it doesn't bounce around all retarded-like. You just hold it against your chain and tighten it in place. It works.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i used a single roller boomerang to suck my chain up...but then my frame was cracked so i got a different one...now i have 2 frames (warrantied...) anyone want a brand new STP?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Chains stretch, gears wear. Even if you find the perfect combination, it won't last long.
32-16 works on an stp if you get just the right gears. One full link moves your chain half an inch, a half link 1/4".

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
I've got long 16.75" stays. I run a 36-18 gear with a half link. Fits perfectly. Ditch the tensioner. A little tight at first but it has worn in well.