Quantcast

GFMT Monday....

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
There was some large bright thing in the sky for an hour this morning. I was going to call NASA or the Swedish Space Whatever because I was scared......then somebody told me that it was the "sun". Apparently, it actually does come back.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see sharon jones & the dap kings in march....will try not to flake out this year.

hooray for boredom.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Effin A, monkeys. Effin A.

Since this thread is a snow discussion, we got about six inches Friday night (that's what she said), and are looking at up to a foot Tuesday night into Wednesday. NEAT.

Skiing ruled Saturday. They ought to charge extra when you have that much fun. Then I bought new skis. Good stuff. Good times. We bailed Sunday so I could work. That's kind of lame imo.

Good morning!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've been up all night. It's 4:33 here and I am wide awake. WTFF?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have been on the phone with ATT Wireless customer service the last 30 minutes. A wall of incompetence is my best description so far.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
more likely...town drunk who lost his license.
I chuckled when I read this because it pretty much used to be the rule around the Carolina's that if you saw somebody on a bike or a scooter, you can pretty much bet the farm they have a DUI in their immediate past. Now......not so much. We're still a long ways away from becoming an Oregon in terms of acceptance.

I hope everyone is starting out Monday in good spirits. It's a beautiful morning out there. Stevew is seeing snow in his part of the state, but it hasn't quite made it here to us yet.

Fire is blazing and coffee is hot. Ready for action.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

I took a shower with my new cast on last night. Paying the extra $50 for the gore-tex liner was worth it. The cast is 100% waterproof. I can even swim in this thing if I wanted to.

Today I am going to start using the trainer I bought last week. My plan is to get at least an hour of pedaling in each night after work (if not more) while I am out with a broken wrist.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Monday! Friday night while I was out living it up at a local spot someone took my coat :( I'd like to think they did it accidentally in their drunken state so I hope they return it to the bar. My bike lock keys were in the pocket too :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Atomic Blackeye. 174 cm. Paid $800 w/bindings. I spent Saturday on a demo pair and decided Sunday morning to buy a pair.
http://www.atomicsnow.com/en-US/ProductFinder.aspx/#/alpine/alpine_ski/4/all_mountain/aa0002980/blackeye_ti

I wanted a new pair before we go to Utah (end of this month) and wanted them soon enough to ski on them before the trip.
nice! i bought some atomics too, but they were a lot cheaper

http://www.atomicsnow.com/en-US/ProductFinder.aspx/#/alpine/alpine_ski/4/all_mountain/aa0003040/smoke

Saturday @ Mt Snow was my first time out w/ them. it would have been funny to run into you there. i had a blast...it was my first time skiing in a long time (maybe 8 years?).

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning all.

I took a shower with my new cast on last night. Paying the extra $50 for the gore-tex liner was worth it. The cast is 100% waterproof. I can even swim in this thing if I wanted to.

Today I am going to start using the trainer I bought last week. My plan is to get at least an hour of pedaling in each night after work (if not more) while I am out with a broken wrist.
That's pretty cool about the cast, but I sure do hate that you're beating up on yourself so much lately.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Go Ducks.

As much as I would like to see Oregon win tonight, the reality is Cam Newton is a freak of nature and has been having his way with defenses all year. I don't think there is any team in the country that can beat Auburn this year.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
it's snowing......and some jackass rode by on a scooter....
Couple years back, we were heading down from Bachelor and saw a guy on a beamer, skiis on the back, HAULING ass up. There was a good 6" of fresh and falling hard. Not sure how he kept it upright but he obviously did this regularly.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
i want doughnuts right now but it is snowing and I am feeling too lazy to put pants on and definitely too lazy to dust the car off. I need to go out later anyway.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Got a foot of snow over the weekend but didn't get to play in it much. Very long night last night. My disabled brother is in the hospital. He spike a high fever and they said he had pneumonia, so they admitted him. Fever is back and now the Drs. are debating whether it's just pneumonia or something more :(

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Afternoon. Got a foot of snow over the weekend but didn't get to play in it much. Very long night last night. My disabled brother is in the hospital. He spike a high fever and they said he had pneumonia, so they admitted him. Fever is back and now the Drs. are debating whether it's just pneumonia or something more :(
Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope things start looking up for him soon!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the smoke's are the black eye's little brother LOL

I'm sure you did see us. There were 5 of us and we were LOUD! :weee:
the only people i noticed were the teenaged hooligans wearing Jets jerseys.

i don't know the mountain that well but we skiied some of the North Face area (Freefall for sure) and some blues off the main summit primarily.

saw some skier do a nice barrel roll off one of the big jumps.