Quantcast

GGG, March 19-20

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so in on this if I can make it. WHOOOOOTT. I'll forward this to the boys at msdhw, they'll be thrilled.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Crap, I didn't even see the thread in the rides forum. Whatever... I'm just excited! It's the weekend before my spring break though. I hope I don't get owned by tests. Ehhh screw it, only happens once a year :D

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
That's great news! Team wrongway does a great job every year putting on this race. I'm very glad to see they decided to do it once again :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
El_Chimichanga said:
Someone had too much H8terrade at lunch. What is your new bike instead of the DHR? I haven't been spying on you lately so I'm not in the "know".
I would tell you, but unfortunately I do not have a replacement :(

been riding the 5-spot and PX

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
This just in...
Apparently Acadian will be running down the course instead of riding it as he hasn't a proper bike to ride.

Seriously, are you just going to rock the 5-spot? You know, I'm getting one too. Maybe we could rock our 'Spots together as like a new class or something.

*GGG DH race categories*
PRO
EXPERT
SPORT
BEGINNER
"SLEDGEHAMMER"

Can you guess which one would be for us?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
El_Chimichanga said:
Can you guess which one would be for us?
yeah then you can go bragging on every rooftops again that you spanked Acadian's ass!!! :rolleyes:

;)

El_Chimichanga said:
Seriously, are you just going to rock the 5-spot? You know, I'm getting one too. Maybe we could rock our 'Spots together as like a new class or something.
you will love that bike...I love my spot.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Acadian said:
yeah then you can go bragging on every rooftops again that you spanked Acadian's ass!!! :rolleyes:
This year will be about fashion. Forget about who wins...it's all about how you look while your riding down the hill. May the best-dressed man win.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Thanks Team Wrong Way for keeping the GGG alive, it is always a really fun way to start the race season. Last years GGG was the best run race I attended all year, and that includes the nationals. Keep up the good work guys, we all appreciate it!

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
O! Dearest Team Wrong Way, How my heart overfloweth with bliss and elation from such an enchanting announcement. I yearn to race my bicycle as the Liger yearns to cast her magical spells. And So! I shall raceth with determination, ferocity and a sense in my mind of utter merriment, for I shall be in the fabled land of Carnegie, place of celebration, buffoonery and enjoyable times for all persons fortuitous enough to attend. Thank You,...No. A simple thank you would not suffice for yon efforts. I shalt be forever grateful and proclaim thee Mutha F-ckin Gangstas. Only the best title would be so fitting for Team Wrong Way and all involved in the GGG.

See ya there beeyatches.

For the Pro Purse, as we already said on the web page this year, we're going with:
1st place - $75
2nd place - $50
3rd place - $35
Just a slight mod from previous years - a little tastier for the #1 spot, and a little less tasty for 3rd.

I just asked Mike to fix the reg form, but figured a lot of people probably have already downloaded it, and I think we may have already mailed them out like this. With Mr. Happy getting all mad at us last year because we didn't pay down to whatever place he got (which was not first through third), the last thing we need is another stupid fn episode about the pro purse. :rolleyes: So, please take note that we will be updating the reg form to the amounts listed above if you are racing Pro and you are reading this. And remember - this is supposed to be fun, damnit. :nuts:

Don't bring your motorcycles into our race area, don't modify the course, don't jump onto the course after your race run is over and play stupid, and don't disrespect the course marshals or other volunteers. Those things risk getting you DQ'd, or even better - you could have the top honor of being the reason why we stopped hosting the race next year. You get the picture - come to have fun, take advantage of the shuttles, race yer bike, take some pictures, maybe win some shwag in the raffle, and enjoy the weekend with your buds doing the (2nd) funnest thing in the world!

-S

ginmtb said:
Y'all,

I just uploaded the registration form to the GGG website. Go to:

http://www.teamwrongway.com/ggg/2005/info.htm

Thanks!

Mike
TWW