Quantcast

GGG, March 19-20

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I Hate you.

I have to covince my pops to let me go. This should be fun.but it's only like a 2.5 hour drive......

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ZEDMAN said:
after racing is over and raffle and what not is the course still open for riding on?
It should be, just watch out for thr MX guys. Actually you can ride there whenever you want, but again.......watch out for the MX guys.

ginmtb

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Actually, we start tearing down the course right after the race is over. It's a long day and if we waited the volunteers wouldn't be happy. Plus, a representative from TWW has to go back on Monday to make sure the course was taken down appropriately and the park approves it. Not to mention that there would be no more shuttles and people would be on the course without waivers.

As was mentioned, you can ride there anytime - just the jumps, banked turns, etc. won't be in place.

Mike
TWW

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
I'm 35+ and have never raced before. I am slow and I am not that fond of jumps (drops are ok)(man I sound lame). I ride Tunnel and Cold Springs and have been to N* and BB. Should I register as a beginner or sport? Any thoughts? Thanks, sounds like a great race.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
the track there is a lot mellower than cold springs and tunnel. if you can ride those trails at a reasonable pace, i'd say go for sport. the ggg track is a lot faster than those trails, but a lot less technical. the jumps are small and easy, don't worry about 'em.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
SLAPSHOT said:
I'm 35+ and have never raced before. I am slow and I am not that fond of jumps (drops are ok)(man I sound lame). I ride Tunnel and Cold Springs and have been to N* and BB. Should I register as a beginner or sport? Any thoughts? Thanks, sounds like a great race.
Hey, last year was my first year ever with a DH bike, so I know where you are coming from as far as determining which class to enter.
If you've rode N*, you'll be fine at the GGG. It's faster, but less technical.
All the jumps had a slow line around them last year that people could take too.

I'd say you should probably enter Sport. It''s more of a fun race than being about bragging rights, so don't worry about your placing either way.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
stoney98 said:
anybody want to lend me a large DH bike? I don't thikn the tazer is gonns cut it for me on that course. better yet, anyone got a DH fork and from brake? I'll bring the rest.
Your tazer is fine

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I think this will be my first race as-well. I'm 32 and'll be ridin an RFX w/ z150. I'm thinkin sport. I'm really lookin forward! BTW this morning at Pacifica was sweet! Now I just gotta get a full-face.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
man up, the tazer is fine. i got second last year on my supercross. the small bike and the big bike are pretty much the same on that course.