Quantcast

GGG Results Posted!!!

ginmtb

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Oh by the way you need to go to the bottom of our main GGG page and click on Results to get to them.

Thanks!

Mike

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
I had some spare time at work and sorted all results by time.

-Rich

(PS- there was some hidden information on the results page. It showed that one rider DNS because he was grounded by his mom- lol!)

Attachments

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Brian HCM#1 i think i was walking up behind you in the morning and was at the top with you? I assume you were the one with the white karpiel, full avy, etc. i had the bullit and ghetto blue golden state jacket

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
HAHAHAHA

the videos in the other threads are pretty funny!

i love watching people from the west coast riding in mud*,it's like a fish out of water! lol

*the little mud there was

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Racer-X said:
HAHAHAHA

i love watching people from the west coast riding in mud*,it's like a fish out of water! lol

it wasnt the amount of mud, it was teh quality of it. slipperyer than ice. nothing would grip and your tires out be rolling balls of mud so you get nothing from them. good times

ginmtb

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Exactly - that stuff was super slippery. I was setting up the course on Saturday at the top when the first rains hit. We could barely walk up the initial chute, and that was without bikes. There was a small river flowing down the chute and a huge puddle at the first jump. It was so treacherous up there - I heard in practice maybe 1 out of 8 or 10 was making it down the chute successfully. That's why we were thinking of closing off the chute and lowering the start line. It was amazing though how about an hour of no rain and a little sun and wind would dry that place out. Made for great conditions. Could you imagine if the rain came down during the race like it did at the raffle?

Crazy. We've been lucky in the past with weather. One out of 5 isn't so bad. Except for the mucking up the bikes, it looked pretty darn fun (like a good ol' mud football game). Nice thing too no major injuries were reported - the mud being so slick helped. You'd hit the ground and slide instead of come to an abrupt halt. I did catch on video a guy snapping his fork arch carrying too much speed near the top - if you listen closely, you can hear it snap. It didn't look so bad, but the embankment he flew off was about 3'-4'. He said in practice he took it at that speed but that it was dry.

Mike

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Racer-X said:
HAHAHAHA

I'd bet you your bike you could have not made it down the course without crashing or putting your foot down to help control the bike.

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
there were a couple of injurys. my friend scott broke his collar bone in practice and another guy had a broken foot at the medal ceramony. i also had to go to the emergency room to get a Mud-ectamy. i had mud in places i didnt even know existed! haha

ginmtb

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Ouch, I didn't hear about the broken collarbone on Saturday. I did talk to one guy who said he dislocated a finger on Sunday but that he popped it back in. He was still in pain clearly though - hopefully that got taken care of.

Still better than the year we had the broken leg, broken ribs, and broken thumb. The mud helped slow things down some so the crashes weren't as horrific (but definitely more frequent). Never like hearing anyone getting hurt.

Mike

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I know I saw Cameron McCaul with a bloody face, I heard he was shuttling people up on a dirtbike then I guess he fell or something. Any stories?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
stratguy1618 said:
I know I saw Cameron McCaul with a bloody face, I heard he was shuttling people up on a dirtbike then I guess he fell or something. Any stories?
All I heard was he was towing people up the hill, a rider let go of the rope and it got tangled up in the rear wheel throwing him forward.

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
actually he was towing me up the hill. when we got to the top he rolled up the rope and hung it on his left side of his bars. on the way back down to get someone else he was going around a right turn and the slack from the rope got sucked into his back wheel and pulled bars to the left really fast. bike turned left, cam went right, face hit the ground, half shell helmet fell off, face slid on ground, he hopped right up and stuck his hands in the air like everything was ok, and then he sat down.
when i got to the bottom of the hill my face was covered in mud and he said "whoa dude whats all over your face" and i looked at him and was thinking the same thing.
sucks when lame stuff happens to nice people :(

he is gunna have a lot of scab picking ahead of him