Quantcast

Giant DH Comp linkage

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Email or call Giant. Or talk to a local shop that sells Giants. They can get the parts for you.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
Is this the very bottom part of the linkage? I blew the hell outta mine too, but I must be hard on bikes (blew up this and some linkage pieces on my ex Mpire). I think I got quoted like $125 or something for the part from giant though...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
damn, thats a lot more for that linkage then i thought. but theres 2 giant shops locally and they say they don't do DH bikes, so why i am asking on here. anyone?

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
They can order it easy. They just have to call Giants service department and have them tell Giant what year bike and which linkage kit you need.

The dogbone kit is over $100. The other kit with the teardrop links, new pivot axle, derailleur hangar, and the other stuff is another chunk of $$.

Good luck!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
right, i get all that. but they won't anyone know what bike shop will?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
DHS said:
right, i get all that. but they won't anyone know what bike shop will?
There is no online store you can buy it from and no one is going to sell a linkage to their frame. The only way you can get the parts is through a dealer. So you have to find one that will order the parts.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
bballe336 said:
There is no online store you can buy it from and no one is going to sell a linkage to their frame. The only way you can get the parts is through a dealer. So you have to find one that will order the parts.
you can also call Giant direct (they have a 1-800 number) and they can help you, if not give a kick in the pants to those dealers. I had a Giant rep come to my house once and change my pivot sleeves :thumb:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
zedro said:
you can also call Giant direct (they have a 1-800 number) and they can help you, if not give a kick in the pants to those dealers. I had a Giant rep come to my house once and change my pivot sleeves :thumb:
I used to work at a Giant retailer. I tryed calling them direct to ask about how much replacement bearings would cost. They wouldn't even respond. Just told me to talk to a dealer. If you call them from a dealer it seems to work very well though....