Quantcast

Giant Method 00

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009
I was considering getting a WTP Trust, but because I'm just starting out I noticed the bike shop here (yes, there's only one) also has a Giant Method 00. The bike has full cro-mo frame/forks/bars and front and rear double walled rims. As an added bonus, it also has a rail seat since I like to ride high.
Anyone have any experience with their products? At 26 lbs, it's a little on the heavy side, but I think it will be good to start with. Also, since the Trust is about $800 and the Method is only about $460, that's also a bonus as well.
Cheers
roadwork

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009
you can get a much better bmx for much cheaper.
what type of bmxing are you wanting to do?
Yes, I could if I lived in the US or another country without insane protectionist tariffs on imports. If you want to see my options check out this website www.4130.co.kr
As you can see, it's fairly limited and for an idea of the prices I would be paying compared to the US, try converting some of the bikes you see using www.xe.com
It's almost twice as much for any of the We The People models and over $1200 for a decent custom. I would be willing to fork out the $700 for a WTP Trust but I don't know of many places to ride around here or how much riding (street and dirt) I would be able to get in, so I'm looking for something on the lower end of things but with some reasonably solid parts to start out with.

Last edited:

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009
Yep... I ride one all the time at work. It's a really good bike. Hard to beat for the price.
Any serious mechanical problems? All of the components seem pretty sturdy but I've never had a chain stay mounted brakeset before and it looks a little tricky to adjust, although with the leverage from the momentum of the wheel, I can imagine it stops better than the seat stay mounted brake.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
lol he can find it. I love my Giant, but I wouldnt buy one of their BMX bikes, just because of what you can get elsewhere for the price.

For the price of what that Giant is in US, you get crappy gearing, loose ball front hub, no pivotal seat and its goofy looking.

I guess if you cant get WTP, its not too bad specced of a bike. I'd want a longer TT though, pivotal, and at least 28x10 if not 25x9 gearing

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
road work, i say get the giant for the price and put the extra money you would spend on the WTP bike and put it into the Giant.

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009
road work, i say get the giant for the price and put the extra money you would spend on the WTP bike and put it into the Giant.
That's no longer an option. Looks like I'll be getting the Trust since they sold the Giant and won't be importing any more. Or...I could spend less and get the "raspberry" colored WTP Addict. Nah, who wants to ride around on a pink bike?