Quantcast

Giant STP Sizing

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
I have been offered a large(15") frame, but its quite far away and don't want a wasted journey if its not right. I am 6'3, do you think it will be too small for me, I have heard there not big frames?

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I currently have two stp's in my garage, small and medium. Neither are mine but I ride them a fair bit. Im 5'10" and the medium is more comfortable for me. The small is tiny. If your a big guy I'm willing to bet the large will be alright for you.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Are there more than two sizes now? 07 had only a regular and large in the US.

Anyways, at 6'3" I'd bet you'd feel pretty comfortable on the large. I'm 5'6" and ride the regular(small).

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah there are two sizes available, 14" and 15". I had a go on a friends a while back which I thought was a 14" and was too small, but I just spoke to him and he is sure its a 15". So I am not sure.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I didn't even know they had Mediums/smalls/larges, etc, I thought they went by Long and short? Or perhaps that was the older models? I had an 05 or an 06 that I was told was a "short" which I was also told was fairly hard to obtain. It had a 22" TT and at 5'8" It was perfect! I still thought it felt a tad long, but I was on a Black Market riot the day before with a 21.5"tt and a .75" shorter chainstay.
If anyone has a "short" STP(or one with a 22" TT) that they wanna sell fairly cheap, PM me!