Quantcast

Ginsburg has died

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
LOL

Lindsay Graham doesn't give a shit. None of these Republicans give a shit. Do you think there is a bottom for these people? Do you think there is a sense of shame? Do you think snake belly low means anything? If so, I have bad news for you. Ginsburg wasn't even fucking cold when McConnell said they were bringing up a vote. There is no good news on this.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I hope by some miracle the new justice isn't confirmed until after the election. Let the election ride on the nomination and if trump wins I'll accept it.
If they cram in another justice before the election, I fully expect it to be the end of the republican reign with President Biden and a fully democrat Congress. I totally expect it to get done, I don't think anybody expects trump to win nor do they want to.

I do wonder what the limits this sort of shit will be. Will we see a "brain drain" to less retarded countries? I see my loser parents once a year, and I don't think that would change much if we moved to NZ. My kids would have a non-retarded leader and pretty much the same opportunities to success. Plus gun control. What's it going to take? Forced hysterectomies on illegal immigrants?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
When you think it can't get worse, it always can.

RIP RBG. I'm sure she used every ounce of her considerable inner strength to hang on until the election. Not a huge believer in afterlife but if there is one, I can only imagine how she's feeling right now.

As if there was any doubt, 2020 can kindly fuck off now, thanks.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
What's it going to take? Forced hysterectomies on illegal immigrants?
has that already happened?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Man, getting rid of Texas would be so fun to watch, especially for them to fight over who gets to keep the name.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
The thing I admire the most from the US is the judicial system.
Some of the Supreme court rulings read as exceptional pieces of wisdom. Not just articulate or brilliant, but profoundly wise.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Only a few days to go, America. Don’t fuck it up again.

No pressure though. It’s just your existence at stake.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Madmen, nukes and a global environment, your existence too. Sleep well tonight with knowing your fate is in the hands of N8 and Joe the plumber.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

Not just theirs. Any laws that regulates the US market/demand, change the supply chains that supply the world.
The only reason I dont lead in my (most) paint, is because the US/Europe ban.
If they hadnt... even if we banned, nobody would just come up with a "Peru" spec lead-free paint.

US passes a law raising taxes on EVs, and the whole world takes forever to get EVs as economies of scale will take forever to develop without US demand.
US passes law dictating the use of EVs, and in 5 years, the entire world gets flooded with EVs.

US gets all "drill baby drill" and "coal is clean".... and we (as in all humans) are all fucked.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not just theirs. Any laws that regulates the US market/demand, change the supply chains that supply the world.
The only reason I dont lead in my (most) paint, is because the US/Europe ban.
If they hadnt... even if we banned, nobody would just come up with a "Peru" spec lead-free paint.

US passes a law raising taxes on EVs, and the whole world takes forever to get EVs as economies of scale will take forever to develop without US demand.
US passes law dictating the use of EVs, and in 5 years, the entire world gets flooded with EVs.

US gets all "drill baby drill" and "coal is clean".... and we (as in all humans) are all fucked.
Good thing Trump has only been in office 4 years and has put in place inept stooges.

It's like the classrooms rotating students every 14 minutes so that under the old CDC guidelines they wouldn't have to quarantine even if one become COVID positive...

:galaxybrain.gif:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

There's a link in there to a National Geographic article... anyone have an account? Turns out the supreme court has changed size seven times in your history... who knew?
The Constitution is surprisingly vague/brief on the topic:

"The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it's almost like the founding fathers left the constitution open to interpretation

next thing you know, somebody's going to claim that a "well-regulated militia" is the same as giving every toddler a 9mil.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That's insane. Giving a toddler a 9mm is a terrible idea. The recoil would be too much for their small arms. A .22 would be a better armament for the under-3 crowd.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
"The only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun." - Dan-o, probably.
AR15s! now with 2oz trigger, kiddie-sized stock and large capacity magazine for the safety of the little ones at your multiracial kindergarten. God bless America!!! (which is just like Allahu Akbar, but for whites)

Last edited: