Quantcast

Glenwood Springs

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I have a possible job opportunity in Glenwood Springs. I was wondering what the area is like for riding? What is the closest lift access riding and how is it? Anything is better than what I currently have here in MI.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Vail's about 45 minutes down the road, there's good riding there. Otherwise, snowmass is about 30 minutes in the other direction and they do some good lift accessed stuff in the summer. So I guess glenwood really wouldn't be that bad of a spot now would it. But yeah, you're right, anything's better than michigan.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Glenwood has to be my favorite mountain town. The hot springs are great and the people are very cool. Not too backwoods if you know what I mean. I used to live in Carbondale which is about 10 miles closer to Aspen.

I say go and enjoy.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Glenwood Springs is a very cool town, others have mentioned lift access in Vail and Snowmass which is good but Keystone is only another 30min from Vail and also is pretty sweet! Also the other direction is Grand Junction and Fruita which are only about 90 min away. AND THEN YOU HAVE MOAB! Oh how could you go wrong?