Quantcast

Gloveless grips?

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
What’s the current grip of choice for gloveless riding, looking for something thin and tacky that can deal with the damn near constant rain, preferably something around 30mm and smooth without a load of ridges/writing/logos.

Ergon GD1’s look semi appealing but I defo have Ergon fear…

Cheers

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sensus lite.

Ignore every other reply.

Thank me in person

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
The only time I go gloveless is when I forget my gloves. Or I accidentally dropped them from the lift. Not cool. Axctally is kinda cool, but sweaty. I need gloves. The worst was skiing. Someone stole my gloves at the bar. That was not cool, and really cold. And probably one of the best set of gloves EVAR and they don't make them anymore, of course. \coolstorybro

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
These weren’t on my radar :thumb:actually look like the best thing I’ve seen so far as well.
The ribs are really small and fine with an almost soft velvety feel to the touch and they wick sweat/wet away really well. Their only downside is that they really don't last all that long.
I thank @kidwoo for bullying me into trying them a few years back. I still hadn't gotten over my dislike of OG mushroom grips on BMX as a kid and had avoided anything vaguely ribbed looking. But since then I still haven't found another grip I like better than Sensus. They now have a UK distributor again so should be readily available.

NORTON

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Littleton CO
Sensus Disisdaboss, but I split my time between XC and trials so maybe don't listen to me. Also it doesn't really rain in CO. When it does- these grips keep on working.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Sensus Disisdaboss, but I split my time between XC and trials so maybe don't listen to me. Also it doesn't really rain in CO. When it does- these grips keep on working.
i tried those but they were way too flexy/squirmy for me.

also tried the pnw loam grips. felt ok, but they tore open after one wreck.

/me only wears gloves on dh days and when below 40*. sticking by my odi tld recommendation, although curious about those sensus lites.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Do you think it might be 'coz one of them doesn't know shit about bicycle grips?

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I have Sensus lite, Swayze and Disisdaboss here (all lock on versions) and also ODI longneck in both push on and lock on versions
Longnecks aren't a bad grip BUT... have taller/stiffer/harder compound ribs and definitely feel nicer in the push-on version... But are still nowhere near as nice to the touch as ANY of the Sensus grips. Longnecks also have MOAR float/vagueness because of this.
Swayze's ribs are not as fine Lite's but not as tall as Longnecks so still feel nicer
Disisdaboss ribs are somewhere inbetween a Lite and Swayze.
Disisdaboss and Swayze flanged lock ons are also massively long at 143mm plus end plugs so can cause issues with control placement on narrower bars or bars with a wider curvature or cluttered controls. (Can't run them on my jump bike or Eeb). Lite's are nice and short at 128mm and Longnecks 135mm
[/SuperNERD]

Cam's Bro Howie seems to run the show at Sensus and is sound AF. Certainly on a customer service level anyway.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I shop local.

grips are 12 bucks and zinks work great

telslas are 59k+ and dont

Zink isnt in the process of buying humanity just so people think hes clever
Zero tolerance, man, zero tollerance....... you just wait until Zink owns billions from selling his grips. He will be musk-y. :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yep, but you do not sound like a douchy conservative.
Not everyone frames their entire lives around political commentary pieces in the guardian or der speigel

I can promise you, where I live, the virulent liberals are far more douchey.

They do things like tell you what grips to buy based on their extremely limited knowledge formed on the other side of the globe.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not everyone frames their entire lives around political commentary pieces in the guardian.

I can promise you, where I live, the virulent liberals are far more douchy.
Not arguing that. By my European-calibrated scale most US liberals are right of center.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I typically buy my grips based off of political affiliations.
Small things can make a difference. If you decide to not fill the pockets of people that support ideas and politicians that you do not like, it is a start. I, for example, do not use Amazon because of the way they treat their workers and that douch of a boss. Sometimes it makes my life harder, but hey, it is for the greater good.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Small things can make a difference. If you decide to not fill the pockets of people that support ideas and politicians that you do not like, it is a start. I, for example, do not use Amazon because of the way they treat their workers and that douch of a boss. Sometimes it makes my life harder, but hey, it is for the greater good.
See the thing is.....you don't know shit about zink other than you saw some coverage of him with guns. You're running off with the assumption that he's something you've made up in your head, but truly have no earthly clue about.

Sensus grips is not fuckin' amazon. Get a grip. A sensus grip! Actually get two, they work great in pairs. I can promise you they have better labor practices than amazon. Sensus funds their trail building non-profit, not politics.

Last edited: