Quantcast

Gluten Tag, You’re IT

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Another stellar day, amazing bike ride (struggle buggy type), and grilled up two fish that I have never had, Opah and Ono.
Stupendously good.
Bike ride was seriously among the top five road rides that I have done anywhere.Just so great (but windy).
Hope y’all arise from your slumbers rested.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Sunderp workderp. One day work week, this week, then off for the rest of the week. I probably should have just taken today off too, since it's starting to look like there isn't going to be much of a ski season.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Karting Haley later this AM. Woke up early again and went to bed late. I can already tell this week is going to be rough. Cut an apple for breakfast with the knife that Wifey cut herself with last week. That fucker is sharp. Light pressure and it is ripping through apples with no issue, so I think the cutting herself was more of an issue around poor cutting technique.

Saw @Nick yesterday to pick up my new skis and give him a bunch of stuff. I realized driving home that I'm the one that's filled up his garage . I think it's time to put down some flooring. :D

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Putting the new Milwaukee M12 stapler to work on the lights this weekend, So glad I bought it.

Best Buy is 2 days late with my replacement drone, Fedex just keep delaying the delivery.

Going to buy the Turkey breasts today to start brining in the marinade in preps for smoking on thursday.

Installing the last of the (non smart) fixtures/lights on the house exterior, now everything will be automated and smart. unlike my ex's

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Great fall ride yesterday, the newly serviced squishy bits on the bike feel hecking amazing. Finally rode a short tech trail in one of our local systems that I had heard is pretty legit with a fairly high potential to hurt oneself, and it didn't disappoint. Will definitely hit that again, though probably never solo due to said potential. It's Sedona-ish in nature, lots of steep rock slab maneuvers. My only complaint is that it needs to be 4x longer.

Looking out my front window it appears that we got a bit of a dusting of snow up high.

Do any of y'all know anything about mini-split AC/Heat systems? Looking at purchasing such a system to heat/cool my bong shed. No, really. I'm going to be converting an old shed into an office, it'll need climate control. What you got?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Great fall ride yesterday, the newly serviced squishy bits on the bike feel hecking amazing. Finally rode a short tech trail in one of our local systems that I had heard is pretty legit with a fairly high potential to hurt oneself, and it didn't disappoint. Will definitely hit that again, though probably never solo due to said potential. It's Sedona-ish in nature, lots of steep rock slab maneuvers. My only complaint is that it needs to be 4x longer.

Looking out my front window it appears that we got a bit of a dusting of snow up high.

Do any of y'all know anything about mini-split AC/Heat systems? Looking at purchasing such a system to heat/cool my bong shed. No, really. I'm going to be converting an old shed into an office, it'll need climate control. What you got?

My squishy bits need servicing as well. Wait, what...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Shit load of projects today. Priority 0ne is to get the camper ready to head out on Tuesday for Ruth. It has 3 weeks of road grime in it (us an 4 dogs) plus the propane and water systems need to be refilled. then its yard work time I have lawns to mow and shit loads of meyer lemons to pick
IMG_20211121_073435075~2.jpg

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I found some good stuff here. Home Depot has great educational stuff.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have one, but I was moving a brush cutter, a chain saw, and other gear. The Bob does not work for the brush cutter.
While I do not like these multifunctional brush cutter/hedge-/branch trimmers because of lower reliabilty, they seem to be the ticket for trail building because of the possibility to split them for easy transport.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Yesterday turned out busier than I had hoped, but was able to get a ride in and pulled my old truck out for a drive.
Rainy day here. Playing dolls with the kiddo. Will probably have my nails painted by the end of the day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I think we will be putting in an offer on the house we saw yesterday. Needs a ton of work though, so it looks like I'd be quite busy and poor.

Biggest plus, I'd be in the same town as boo thang @CrabJoe StretchPants.

We've got a mini-split in our space for heating and cooling. Works great. Keeps it cool in the summer and warm enough in the winter.

Check the specs carefully on whatever system you consider. They have temperature limits for providing heat. Ours is a Fujitsu and I think it's functional down to -20F. Some are limited to 0F, so pick choose wisely.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No, really. I'm going to be converting an old shed into an office,
Take advantage of the sun. a south facing window will encourage a good greenhouse effect for heat when the sun is low (Winter) and a small awning will discourage the same when the sun is high (Summer). A second window will promote airflow for half the year. Insulate well.

You probably will still need a heating/cooling source, but you can get away with using it less and save $$$ costs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I found some good stuff here. Home Depot has great educational stuff.
Thanks, very helpful.

I think we will be putting in an offer on the house we saw yesterday. Needs a ton of work though, so it looks like I'd be quite busy and poor.

Biggest plus, I'd be in the same town as boo thang @CrabJoe StretchPants.

We've got a mini-split in our space for heating and cooling. Works great. Keeps it cool in the summer and warm enough in the winter.

Check the specs carefully on whatever system you consider. They have temperature limits for providing heat. Ours is a Fujitsu and I think it's functional down to -20F. Some are limited to 0F, so pick choose wisely.
Good luck on the house, and thanks for the tip on checking the specs/temp limits. The space is TINY so honestly I think even the smallest of these types of units will be way more than adequate, but we'll see. We also don't get super cold snaps on the valley floor, which should also help.

Take advantage of the sun. a south facing window will encourage a good greenhouse effect for heat when the sun is low (Winter) and a small awning will discourage the same when the sun is high (Summer). A second window will promote airflow for half the year. Insulate well.

You probably will still need a heating/cooling source, but you can get away with using it less and save $$$ costs.
I have a 34" x 74" tall window that'll be going in on the SW wall of the shed, with the personnel door next to it, for the exact purpose of taking advantage of the afternoon sun. Also a 30" x 30" window for the opposite wall for airflow. The SE wall faces the garage and would be in the shadow of that for any hours during the day sun would hit it. Also planning to insulate the ever living shit out of the thing, plus it's a small space so should be relatively easy to keep either heated or cooled.

My original thought was that a super small through the wall AC unit could handle cooling in the summer, and then just use an oil-filled radiant space heater for in the winter. But that seems less energy efficient than one of these split style units, and the split would have a thermostat which the space heater would not. And I could trust leaving the split system to do it's thing 24-hours/day whereas the space heater I'd turn off when I leave work, which in turn means all my stuff (e.g. laptop) would get really cold overnight and I'm not sure that's the best thing for electronics.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Road trip complete. First vacation in 3 years. Made it to Morro Bay (solo) and Mountain View (to see a friend). Total culture shock getting back in LA. why did I come back?
7D6EB460-B6C3-4A86-9E80-009ECC933297.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do any of y'all know anything about mini-split AC/Heat systems?
Yes. Check COP across the temperature ranges you’ll see.

Also check to see if your local utility has utilities. They may be tied to a certain SEER/HSPF threshold—mine was.

/me had a 5 head 4 ton mini split heat pump put in at le mountain abode, because summers aren’t getting any cooler

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just went Karting with Haley and I think I found her sport. 9th fastest on the week for juniors (8th if you pull the kid in a shifter kart) only girl, and consistently crushed all of her races today. 99.81% nationally for juniors at K1 Racing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just went Karting with Haley and I think I found her sport. 9th fastest on the week for juniors (8th if you pull the kid in a shifter kart) only girl, and consistently crushed all of her races today. 99.81% nationally for juniors at K1 Racing.
Haley Schumacher? :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So she's gonna stop her ski lessons?

:D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did I miss something? I thought she was gung ho about it
She was frustrated with being in a group of slower skiers, but couldn't bump up, and wanted to spend more time skiing with me. Maybe next year, but we'll still do 20+ days/yr.