Quantcast

Gmail invites!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Not only do I have 50 invites, but remember way back when they first kicked off gmail and you could sign up with another email address for an invite when it was available? I received that one last week, as well. 51 email accounts at my disposal. Maybe I'll just use the 51 gigs as storage for bike pics. :eek:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Used this info to determine when I set my gmail up. Pretty sure it was hacked and they changed my security question. I sent in one last ditch form to try to get them to believe it's really mine. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna learn to hack. Pitiful that I'd have to hack my own f*#king account. I didn't use it much anymore, but I really hate for some scamming piece of crap to have access to it. Facebook disabled my account too, after I got control of it and changed all of my security. Good thing they came in to help 10 hours after the fact and locked me out.

dirtvictim

Chimp
Aug 22, 2009
Boycott Gmail unless of course you want to be pegged as a scammer
Everyone I know is dumping thier gmail accts based on current
stats that show an overwhelming majority of scammers use gmail
Don't be a gmailer get out now while you still can.
conspiracy theory, perhaps, me I don't answer gmail emails

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Boycott Gmail unless of course you want to be pegged as a scammer
Everyone I know is dumping thier gmail accts based on current
stats that show an overwhelming majority of scammers use gmail
Don't be a gmailer get out now while you still can.
conspiracy theory, perhaps, me I don't answer gmail emails
This is a huge load of garbage. If everyone you know is dumping gmail, you must know a lot of morons.

dirtvictim

Chimp
Aug 22, 2009
This is a huge load of garbage. If everyone you know is dumping gmail, you must know a lot of morons.

Pretty obvious that Gmail is a scam.
Follow me on this if your pea brain can.
Gmail is free therefore invites are a scam. Anyone that has sent out an invite
in the hopes of being compensated is a scammer.
Hopefully no one here would do such a thing to thier family and friends I sure the hell wouldn't.
The fact that anyone was stupid enough to pay for a gmail account cracks me up.
I wonder if Gmail invites can be considered a pyramid scheme and the answer is ding ding ding YES according to several sites on the subject.

I respect that everyone has thier opinion but the only morons I know still don't realize Gmail was and always will be a scam, couple that with a huge stigma for having the most scamming users and why would anyone use the service at all.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Oh, I don't know what to believe any more...
I've had a gmail account for a while now and it blows hotmail out of the water.
No scams, very little spam mail and it goes straight to my phone.
Am I missing something here?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I had a gmail for years...cant quite remember how long ago but had alot of probs, been using my hotmail for longer with zero probs. gmail is nice for a couple features but the spam is unreal and the security is falling apart. I dont even use google shopping anymore just to be safe.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Hopefully no one here would do such a thing to thier family and friends I sure the hell wouldn't.
I wonder if Gmail invites can be considered a pyramid scheme and the answer is ding ding ding YES according to several sites on the subject.

I respect that everyone has thier opinion but the only morons I know still don't realize Gmail was and always will be a scam, couple that with a huge stigma for having the most scamming users and why would anyone use the service at all.
Please go away.

<3,

the world.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

The reason Gmail used invites is because, up until this past July, it was still in beta form.

Also, if you think that Gmail is a ponzi scheme, you must have your tinfoil wrapped tighter than RenegadeRick.

edit: to clarify further since you obviously need it, when software is in beta form, that means its not a finalized version, and hence not ready for the general public to use. By using invites that their initial beta testers could give out, they were able to have a continually growing user base of people that have a fairly good understand of how web based email should work. Also, the use of invites is another layer of authentication, which prevents bots from creating massive numbers of accounts.

edit #2: people that tried to sell invites are morons, and the people who are stupid enough to buy them are even worse.

Last edited:

dirtvictim

Chimp
Aug 22, 2009
The reason Gmail used invites is because, up until this past July, it was still in beta form.

edit #2: people that tried to sell invites are morons, and the people who are stupid enough to buy them are even worse.
at least we agree on #2 ;)

enjoy your gmail