Quantcast

~~ GMT du jour ~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Mmmm, coffee.

Got back home from the road the find the parts exchange I did with a guy in Canada in the mailbox. It didn't work so well. I swapped a King xd 11-sp driver for his shimano body, but it seems to be for a smaller axle od, and doesn't fit.this 142x12. :(

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Just need to make it through today at work then VACATION!!!!! Leave tomorrow morning for the semiannual mid-west visit wife's family road trip. Definitely ready to get out of town for over a week. We're gonna be at the Buffalo Bills vs Kansas City Chiefs game on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Look for the one guy in a blue jersey surrounded by red/white jerseys.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. Another day, another run before work. 4 slow and easy miles today. I had a good swim lesson last night. Slowly but surely I am starting to swim better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I went out for a few beers last night and have woken up with a most horrible headache. Not cool. This is why bong shed > beer.

Need to push through today, get home for a little ride around the block and then sleep.

I think I am helping a friend pickup some axles for his 1950's Willys. He is taking out the original engine and putting in a Kubota diesel. Should be a cool project.

Yessir! Hence "///FuckitFriday"!
WOOOOOO KIDWOOOO another Ardent rider! :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
don't fret-got a hr2/minion dhf combo in the bong shed for when those wear out. i've ridden 'em for years though with no complaints-they're pretty boss for thr general conditions around here. would not want in a wetter environment, or desert, though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
don't fret-got a hr2/minion dhf combo in the bong shed for when those wear out. i've ridden 'em for years though with no complaints-they're pretty boss for thr general conditions around here. would not want in a wetter environment, or desert, though.
my go to tire for general conditions is a maxxis advantage. granted around here we have mostly xc and "light" trails. surprisingly good side knobs for what they are.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my go to tire for general conditions is a maxxis advantage. granted around here we have mostly xc and "light" trails. surprisingly good side knobs for what they are.
apparently they don't make it in the 2.4 size any more. which sucks. still available in a 2.25 at least.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning. Mmmm, coffee.

Got back home from the road the find the parts exchange I did with a guy in Canada in the mailbox. It didn't work so well. I swapped a King xd 11-sp driver for his shimano body, but it seems to be for a smaller axle od, and doesn't fit.this 142x12. :(
Well... that's correctable by axle swap. Did he say that it was the other size?

Otherwise, work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Aww man, I always loved the Advantage for its cornering. The center knobs not so much, but those healthy lugs on the outside were nice.
i use it primarily as a front tire. 2.4 on the spitfire with an intense semi slick on back,

i have one on the front of my xc hardtail, i wanna say it's the 2.25? i'll have to check. on that bike i use a 2.1 (real world size is more like a 1.9) high roller silkworm casing. small size is out of necessity with the frame.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I went out for a few beers last night and have woken up with a most horrible headache. Not cool. This is why bong shed > beer.
This, plus no calories.

Refinishing floors in my house this week = Dan-o in solvent rage mode.
Made some giant vodka cocktail out of misc shit from the fridge.
Tasted awful, downed it like a boss regardless to take the edge off.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It is Friday and it is payday, but have a lunch meeting. WTF? Lunch meetings at companies downtown usually involve beers, this place brings cookies. While I do enjoy a good cookie, it isn't beer. Save that sh!t for my paid working hours.

This is truly how I feel today.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday! I spend last night deconstructing toys and re-assembling them in inappropriate ways for Santacon. haha

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Friday! I spend last night deconstructing toys and re-assembling them in inappropriate ways for Santacon. haha
you should see the stuff that people in the toy companies themselves make.

one time a team of engineers used dinosaur, a baby doll, and a nitro RC car to make a fire breathing baby headed godzilla.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
you should see the stuff that people in the toy companies themselves make.

one time a team of engineers used dinosaur, a baby doll, and a nitro RC car to make a fire breathing baby headed godzilla.
I'd fit right in at that toy company then!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like shit. Finally got back to sleep just in time for the wife and girl to get up for school. The two of them getting ready in the morning sounds like a herd of elephants. Then I get a phone call after they leave because woman-child forgot her lunch and wife forgot pies for the Thanksgiving party, so I guess Ill spend the morning downtown. :think:

Hello, friends. Another day, another run before work. 4 slow and easy miles today. I had a good swim lesson last night. Slowly but surely I am starting to swim better.
I don't know how the fuck you do it. Ran 5 miles yesterday, 3 this morning. I thought I was going to die.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
howdy.
have friendsgiving tonight at a freinds house. I want to punch myself for just e-uttering 'friendsgiving'.
have to make cornbread for it.
Im leaving early for my powgiving so I can avoid any weather.
If said weather, is the weather I am hoping for I will be sticking around Tahoe past the holiday.
Im staying at the Mellow Mountain hostel. Years ago I saw that same property when blighted & said..."that'd make an super cool hostel."...cant wait to check it out.
May try and barter some video work for a bed for the long term.
TGIDuJour!!

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
On the bike at 5.30am for a nice mild morning ride. Helping out at a Christmas fair in the Danish Seaman's Church this weekend. I run the bar which is always fun time.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Busy week (to say the least). I am REALLY looking forward to thwe weekend. I'll be out hunting a little tomorrow, taking the kids to gymnastics and then hopefully relaxing. Sunday is church, sunday school and then our annual holiday parade with 70 of my band kids. Good times!

I am enjoying a Chobani Pumpkin harvest crisp flip for lunch too! Yum!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Otherwise, work.
Lack of ///M exploit tales means you trundled to work still in the loaner?

I locked down my mortgage rate today. 3.875% with a $5,800 credit toward closing costs, 90% LTV jumbo, no PMI. I will take those rates any day!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I locked down my mortgage rate today. 3.875% with a $5,800 credit toward closing costs, 90% LTV jumbo, no PMI. I will take those rates any day!
Hey, take that to the adulting thread!
oh wait seems they are all that now-a-days.

QUICK, someone pull up the RESPECT CAPE CULT thread!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yep. In theory I should be able to pick it up today, but if it is snowing, I will be getting it Monday. No way I am driving it home in snow until I get snows on it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

It is Friday and it is payday, but have a lunch meeting. WTF? Lunch meetings at companies downtown usually involve beers, this place brings cookies. While I do enjoy a good cookie, it isn't beer. Save that sh!t for my paid working hours.

This is truly how I feel today.

A lunch meeting and no lunch? :butcher: