Quantcast

Go pro videos of Pinhoti 1 and 2 trails in Ellijay,Ga

TreeMagnet

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
Dirty south
Thanks guys. Yea josh those two trails are killer but there area couple more trails up there that are even better. Gonna try to film them next time.

Moto the snake is a totally different trails and are located in dalton. Brutal climbs are an understatement :eek:. I think its still called the pinhoti over there but Pinhoti 1,2,3 are in ellijay regardless they are still awesome trails

Gapper

Chimp
Dec 26, 2010
Ellijay
Please allow me to clarify - Georgia Pinhoti Trail system is 140 miles from the Alabama line to the Benton MacKaye trail north of Ellijay. Pinhoti 1,2,3,4 & 5 are strictly numbers used to identify which "leg" of the pinhoti you are on in the Cohutta area between Ellijay and Chatswort. The Georgia Pinhoti Trail Association doesn't recognize the numbers but it is used by riders familiar with those trails. Each "leg" has it's own qualities and personality. As you go west, the Snake Creek pinhoti section is located west of Dalton and goes south toward Rome. Some of it is rocky, technical and extremely difficult making the time trial a real challenge. Hope that helps a bit - it can be confusing for sure!

1speedbrian

Chimp
Jan 20, 2009
Two great video's! I thought about signing up for the http://snake.nwgasorba.org/ that covers Pinhotti 1-2-& 3 but all I have heard about is the brutal climbs??? I didn't know they had such good flow.
Though this isn’t the same part of Pinhoti as the Snake, the snake is a great trail and event. The 34 mile time trial is one of the toughest 34 miles you will ever ride. It does have some hard climbs but those hard climbs give up some fantastic descents with some great technical rock sections thrown is here and there. The race is a bargain at $100 that’s 3 races with shuttle, support, food, shirt, etc... It is one of the best run events in the Southeast. If you ever go there to ride outside the time trial event, the trail rides much better the opposite direction as the race.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Though this isn’t the same part of Pinhoti as the Snake, the snake is a great trail and event. The 34 mile time trial is one of the toughest 34 miles you will ever ride. It does have some hard climbs but those hard climbs give up some fantastic descents with some great technical rock sections thrown is here and there. The race is a bargain at $100 that’s 3 races with shuttle, support, food, shirt, etc... It is one of the best run events in the Southeast. If you ever go there to ride outside the time trial event, the trail rides much better the opposite direction as the race.
I want to do this race this year but I've let myself get out of shape, so I may have to do the second & third time.I did my last singlespeed race Oct. 9th and started my downhill career:eek: and gained a few pounds and lost a bunch of aerobic capacity, but its hard to believe that the climbs are harder than what I usually ride here in the mountains.I rode over 100 miles in the Pisgah 36 last year, did the 40 mile Blackbear Rampage and a 5 race series in Ga. 6hr- Singlespeed class, so once I bounce back and loose my santa/cookie weight - I'm gonna head down and give it a try.......BUT if the weather gets good I would rather go to Windrock and eat Krystal burgers every weekend:weee: