Quantcast

Go-Ride now Taking DW DHR pre-orders

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
If you don't like the $3200 price tag don't buy one and shut up.
How 'bout "I won't buy one and YOU shut it.Since when is overpricing things not a legit complaint"?Endless experimentation is great,but at some point the cost/benefit is only to the makers ego.I know ,I do it too much.

DW lives on Martha's Vinyard, $hit aint cheap! Someone has to pay for his personal ferry captain. DT pays DW, we pay DT to pay DW simple process, nuff said. I would buy one:thumb:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I have no problems whatsoever with expensive DH frames. After my neck injury is under control my next frame without question will be an Evil Revolt. I get the fact that you pay for advances in technology and I'm the type of guy who will pay for the latest and greatest. My point is that every time a new "boutique" frame hits the market lately it's priced at or over $3K. It's been established that WE will pay that price. Manufacturers know this and price accordingly even when they could likely charge less. Not a lot less, but less.

Sorry to derail this thread. The new Turner looks awesome and it's going to be a great frame that is competitively priced for the market.
has more to do with your government wanting a weak dollar...

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
DW lives on Martha's Vinyard, $hit aint cheap! Someone has to pay for his personal ferry captain. DT pays DW, we pay DT to pay DW simple process, nuff said. I would buy one:thumb:
I'm just guessing here but I believe DW has been living on MV long before he and DT started talking. The guy went to MIT for chriss sakes. Has quite a few patents under his belt. Has developed things that the government was interested in:secret:. I don't think he's making MV money by collaborating with DT. That said, I'd buy one if divorce were cheaper since thats what would happen when my wife sees that price :eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm just guessing here but I believe DW has been living on MV long before he and DT started talking. The guy went to MIT for chriss sakes. Has quite a few patents under his belt. Has developed things that the government was interested in:secret:. I don't think he's making MV money by collaborating with DT. That said, I'd buy one if divorce were cheaper since thats what would happen when my wife sees that price :eek:
I remember reading an interview with him quite some time ago just as he was entering the mtb industry. From what I recall he was quoted as saying he used to design autonomous vehicles ( aircraft I think) for the military.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You couldn't have missed my point more. Well done.

I'm not sure what you think you're saying but here's what it sure sounds like.

1: You: this bike is priced the way it is because turner is following the standard of what the market will bear based on OTHER bikes, and then pricing accordingly, not basing his pricing on his own production costs.

2: Me: Nope. It costs a lot to make and that's why is costs what it does. Not because he just decided to price it that way.

Now that's a shorter version of what I've already said. If that's not what you mean, then maybe you could elaborate a little more.

Did you mean that turner with this frame, decided it's okay to then embark on a project that costs them more? And that passing that cost on while still profiting the same as previous models is what you mean by 'deciding' on pricing? Cuz you haven't said that yet. If that's what you mean, you should probably go ahead and do that now.

Last edited:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
I'm just guessing here but I believe DW has been living on MV long before he and DT started talking.
True. Depends on what you consider 'long'.

The guy went to MIT for chriss sakes.
False. W.I.T. Not to be confused. Just goes to show you it's not always what school you go to. ;)

Has quite a few patents under his belt.
True.

Has developed things that the government was interested in:secret:.
True & False. Worked for a company that did govt contract work.

I don't think he's making MV money by collaborating with DT.
True. He makes it from being a professional wiffleball pitcher.

That said, I'd buy one if divorce were cheaper since thats what would happen when my wife sees that price :eek:
True.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Do all you bitchers and moaners go on car forums/message boards and kick up a stink when a new Lambo or Ferrari costs more than a BMW or an Audi ???

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
And no one is kicking you in the nuts, telling you what bike to buy.
nice edit..

weak comeback.

nobody is telling me what to buy, and it's the reason why I won't buy a DHR. Even if I was wealthy, I still wouldn't buy one.

The debate here has turned into a discussion about $$ and comparaison with other race worth DH frames out there. There is no denying that licensing the dw-link drove the price of the DHR up (and all other dw models for that matter).

if you truly believe that the dw-link is magical and is worth the $$, by all means buy one. But I'm personally not sold on the dw-link and don't think it's wroth the extra cost. I'm just a bit disappointed because the DHR or old kicked a$$.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
nice edit..

weak comeback.

You

'win' ??

?

if you truly believe that the dw-link is magical and is worth the $$, by all means buy one. But I'm personally not sold on the dw-link and don't think it's wroth the extra cost. I'm just a bit disappointed because the DHR or old kicked a$$.
I'm definitely in the group that thinks the dw link is magic. That's why I've owned so many sundays. You can see my deep loyalty to everything dw link in all my posts over the years proclaiming just how much I loved iron horse bikes. And loving the system is absolutely what I've said in this thread.

Funny you mention how much you've liked previous dhrs though. Because this new one kicks the old dhrs' ass. THAT is why I'm buying one. Is that hard to understand?

edit: here's an edit for you

edit edit: here's another one

Last edited:

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
You

'win' ??

?

I'm definitely in the group that thinks the dw link is magic. That's why I've owned so many sundays. You can see my deep loyalty to everything dw link in all my posts over the years proclaiming just how much I loved iron horse bikes.

Funny you mention how much you've liked previous dhrs though. Because this new one kicks the old dhrs' ass. THAT is why I'm buying one. Is that hard to understand?
I see - this thread is all about YOU!

- end -