Quantcast

Going out of business, and not even a clearance sale

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
for F-22s and humvees.

Had to fly out tomorrow to a class in OKC for work. Looks like that's not happening now. Can't say that I wanted to be in OKC at all, but I was planning to head out to Bentonville one day to check out the trails and to that extent, I did get my XC bike all packed here. I'm also in one of the positions that can and probably will be called back next week regardless of if we have money to operate, but all travel is off.

I say shut it all down, shut down all government when this happens, all air traffic, all traffic lights, electricity, etc. Bet shit would get fixed real quick then...

I also get to avoid getting the flu by not taking 5 plane-rides.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I must say I am enjoying the Cheetos fluster at not being able to bully the Democrats to do what he wants. That and the GOP getting a bad taste in their mouths when the opposition uses their own tactics on them. It's fun to hear them whine after they pulled the same shit for the past 8 years, they don't much like it:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
for F-22s and humvees.

Had to fly out tomorrow to a class in OKC for work. Looks like that's not happening now. Can't say that I wanted to be in OKC at all, but I was planning to head out to Bentonville one day to check out the trails and to that extent, I did get my XC bike all packed here. I'm also in one of the positions that can and probably will be called back next week regardless of if we have money to operate, but all travel is off.

I say shut it all down, shut down all government when this happens, all air traffic, all traffic lights, electricity, etc. Bet shit would get fixed real quick then...

I also get to avoid getting the flu by not taking 5 plane-rides.
Mehh, by now there isnt a HMMWV in the inventory that is worth a shit...try for a CUCC-V, a MTV-R or a LMT-V.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What really sucks is for people on TDY. I was all set to leave, but if you are already on TDY and it shuts down, all of a sudden you are not authorized hotel, not authorized per-diem, not authorized to be there basically, so you can either stay there on your own dime, which won't be reimbursed (unlike paychecks, which most likely will be) or you can pay on your own dime to buy a plane ticket back to where your normal duty station is. So if you are somewhere taking a class, doing some function which requires travel, and it "runs out" while you are there, things become significantly more complex than "paid vacation".

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What really sucks is for people on TDY. I was all set to leave, but if you are already on TDY and it shuts down, all of a sudden you are not authorized hotel, not authorized per-diem, not authorized to be there basically, so you can either stay there on your own dime, which won't be reimbursed (unlike paychecks, which most likely will be) or you can pay on your own dime to buy a plane ticket back to where your normal duty station is. So if you are somewhere taking a class, doing some function which requires travel, and it "runs out" while you are there, things become significantly more complex than "paid vacation".
Tell me about it. The Frau was working an event at Copper Mt this weekend. Her idiot boss calls Saturday morning and says to come home. I say no...the trip was approved, began and $$ was allocated BEFORE the shutdown...so its all good and hang out to the bitter end (Clearly I am more familiar with gubbmint travel than her jefe...but I digress.). But she says no, gotta do what the boss says, even if what he says is f@cking wrong. I say damn the man, I want to stay for free and ski cheap (Did I mention I was tagging along?). Since its all about me, I only got to ski one day, and had to drive her loser cruiser home in a wicked cool snow storm whilst watching all the west bound idjyets head to the slopes...sometimes it just dont pay to be a righteous mofo...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Re: LMT-V. Check this out

http://www.govplanet.com/Light+Medium+Tactical+Vehicle+(LMTV)

It absolutely boggles the mind how many of these have super low (< 5k) miles on them. We probably spent $100k on each to start, then they were used for 200 hours, and now they're up for auction for $5k. Amazingly wasteful.
I forget the ratio, but I think it was something like 4 hrs of maintenance to every one hour of operation. You can and most do run them harder than that, but when they break, they break hard. If you dont know what you are doing MX wise, you will soon own a really expensive and heavy paperweight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Re: LMT-V. Check this out

http://www.govplanet.com/Light+Medium+Tactical+Vehicle+(LMTV)

It absolutely boggles the mind how many of these have super low (< 5k) miles on them. We probably spent $100k on each to start, then they were used for 200 hours, and now they're up for auction for $5k. Amazingly wasteful.
$124,607 to be exact for a 1998 model.

Gonna have to find the link, but I read something recently about politicans appropriating money for vehicles the military has literally said they do not want or need, so they just end up sitting in massive parking lots in the NV/AZ/UT desert.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...