Quantcast

Going to see Pearl Jam in T-minus...

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You might actually want to consider keeping this information to yourself in the future......... :rolleyes: :D

-S.S.-

There was a disclaimer of sorts. :stosh: I'll make sure to dig some up before I try to head your way next year. :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
zod said:
The Pixies, now there's a band or was a band, the reforming will never be the same.
I don't know...I've read reviews of 2 of their shows, and from what I read they sounded like they never left. Its been 13 years since I saw them last. We'll see...

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Not to bring this thread back on track, but I did attend the show last night (Row 2 :blah: ) and it kicked @ss. I've probably seen the band 20 times now and this was one of the top five shows. I'm a lowly row 9 tonight :( .

I would've loved to have heard 'porch', but they rarely play it these days.

I was expecting the hear Patriot (given the nature of their upcoming tour) and Rockin' in the Free World. They'll likely play those tonight.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Incubus said:
Not to bring this thread back on track, but I did attend the show last night (Row 2 :blah: ) and it kicked @ss. I've probably seen the band 20 times now and this was one of the top five shows. I'm a lowly row 9 tonight :( .

I would've loved to have heard 'porch', but they rarely play it these days.

I was expecting the hear Patriot (given the nature of their upcoming tour) and Rockin' in the Free World. They'll likely play those tonight.

Bastard.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I Are Baboon said:
I agree about Lost Dogs. I think it's excellent. One CD is kind of mellow, the other has some faster stuff. It's got Yellow Ledbedder on it too, which is the first time it's on a mainstream CD (I have a bootleg of it).
wasn't yellowledbetter on the black single?

I think all the stuff on lost dogs is either from b-sides, singles, and also from various ten club special (christmas etc.) cd's and vinyl's...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
a big part of the reason I like PJ is for their political standpoint. I like listening to eddie talk about that stuff. And isn't U2 pretty much all about politics????

I thought that was part of the deal?

I especially like when PJ covers masters of war!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
punkassean said:
wasn't yellowledbetter on the black single?

I think all the stuff on lost dogs is either from b-sides, singles, and also from various ten club special (christmas etc.) cd's and vinyl's...
Not sure about the Black single. I never bought any of those.

I know that "Drifting" song (very cool song!) was a fan club release. I have a copy of that on vinyl somewhere.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
punkassean said:
a big part of the reason I like PJ is for their political standpoint. I like listening to eddie talk about that stuff. And isn't U2 pretty much all about politics????

I thought that was part of the deal?

I especially like when PJ covers masters of war!!!

I have no idea if that was part of the deal having to listen to them stand their and preach their political views...now if they want to insert those political views into a cool song, thats ok, just so long as I have something to dance to...

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
pixelninja said:
I don't know...I've read reviews of 2 of their shows, and from what I read they sounded like they never left. Its been 13 years since I saw them last. We'll see...

Sounds too good to be true......let's hope it isn't!!! :thumb:

BTW, did I mention that Pearl Jam sucks :p :monkey: :heart:

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Many of their songs have political undertones. Bushleager is the most obvious one. (Sidebar: I was in Denver when Eddie allegedly 'lanced' bush's head on the mic stand while performing that song.) Another is insignificance, which is rather timely:

All in all it's no one's fault. Excuses turn to carbon walls.
Blame it all on chemical intercourse.
The swallowed seeds of arrogance breeding in the thoughts of ten-thousand fools that fight irrelevance.

Vedder said:
The full moon is dead skin. The one down here's wearing thin.
So set up the ten pins as the human tide rolls in.
Like a ball that's spinning.

Bombs dropping down overhead. On the ground.
It's instilled to want to live.
Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown in our insignificance.

"Turn the jukebox up," he said. Dancing in irreverence.
Play C-3. Let the song protest.

The plates began to shift. Perfect lefts come rolling in.
I was alone and far away, hey. When I heard the band start playing.
On the lip they take off.

Bombs dropping down overhead. Underground.

Feel like resonance of distance. In the blood the iron lies.

Oh, in our insignificance, oh.
As for their preaching... they're not unlike many other bands. I was quite surprised to not hear Vedder mention Bush last night given they're about to launch the 'vote for change' tour.

About them mentioning the 3 guys that're allegedly wrongfully acused... he was just giving the audience an idea as to where the ticket money the ticket b@stard doesn't skim will go to. No skin off my back.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Ya baby, I got club seats to good ol PJ, can't frigging wait. I saw all three of their shows 2 summers ago and they were the best concerts I have ever seen.