Quantcast

gonna be a rainy sunday ride......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
im near portland right now and its pouring down rain...... looks like tomorrow will be muddy! Cant wait!

Cap shuttle tomorrow. Ill be at the chevron to meet tacoma lad if he still is coming.... Nate, drop a line if your out. Ill wait there for a few, but have to be at the parking lot by 8:50 to be sure to get loaded up..... Maybe the rain will keep the #'s down. I hate it when the shuttle has 15 people in it.....

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
That was the best ride out there all summer for me... 75degrees... the puddles... it was just like riding a waterslide for 8 miles. Hope next time I see you up there you can draw me a map of all the worthy singletrack you can hit off that shuttle, I know some of cap. forest fairly well. It is a maze even with a map and orentation skills.

Smitty

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
MR.S said:
That was the best ride out there all summer for me... 75degrees... the puddles... it was just like riding a waterslide for 8 miles. Hope next time I see you up there you can draw me a map of all the worthy singletrack you can hit off that shuttle, I know some of cap. forest fairly well. It is a maze even with a map and orentation skills.

Smitty
Mr S.

I do have some good maps traced out. There are a few other directions you can go off that trail, but they tend to traverse more. On a big bike the are alot more work. On the hardtail though you could get some good riding in. It was good riding with you. Sorry we broke away... didnt realize nature was calling back there..... We also have a fun trail on the island that you should come over and ride. We used to do thursday nights.... maybe in a few weeks i could meet you on the boat and we could show ya around.

Later for now....

D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Acadian said:

Rain = :thumb:

Being a Northwest native (i have webbed feet) its nice to see some rain finally return. The trails were the best theyve been in so long. Only a few soft spots that made you bobble...... overall the puddles can be manualed through or just avoided. You still have to watch out for the clay though. Thats the worse part of the wet season for me... the clay is just so unpredictable.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Tacoma Lad said:
D-Money.......Me and a friend will be there with bells on. Mub just mean's you can ride faster due to slippery action and all.
Nate,

Waited at the chevron as long as i could... didnt see ya, so i hope you didnt show just after i left. We will try again in a few weeks. I'd like to show ya the trails down there.....

D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Rain = :thumb:

Being a Northwest native (i have webbed feet) its nice to see some rain finally return. The trails were the best theyve been in so long. Only a few soft spots that made you bobble...... overall the puddles can be manualed through or just avoided. You still have to watch out for the clay though. Thats the worse part of the wet season for me... the clay is just so unpredictable.....
Clay = :dead:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
Nate,

Waited at the chevron as long as i could... didnt see ya, so i hope you didnt show just after i left. We will try again in a few weeks. I'd like to show ya the trails down there.....

D
few weeks hmmmmm.........

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
D,
It wolul be cool to see them maps. Not scared to climb, as long as its slow. Have done lost valley, Rockcandy, shuttle. I know that there is alot to see out there, but I stick to the mainstream tracks because I am usually responsable for getting everyone home before dark. You guys are alright for waiting for us in the first place, every time I have gone up there, the guys wou know the way make sure everyone gets back, that rules. We would have been in sad shape if that one cat on the Stinky didnt help us down our first trip down. I was trying to keep them guys who never rode the trail in the middle but somehow they got all turned around, the guy on the hardtail made it back the slow way to Wadell about an hour after you left, but homeboy with the VPFree was still looking for the kid on the Heckler when we left. When you got the time to dial me in to the local knowledge on the Cap. and the Island let me know, been up to the I a few times, but was going past your work and taking a left and never found anything worthy of the big bike, I think I found out that the good stuff is on Murray I? Just let me know when you are ready.

S

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
MR.S said:
D,
When you got the time to dial me in to the local knowledge on the Cap. and the Island let me know, been up to the I a few times, but was going past your work and taking a left and never found anything worthy of the big bike, I think I found out that the good stuff is on Murray I? Just let me know when you are ready.

S
For sure! The stuff behind my work is pure XC. We built a platform drop but still havnt hit it. The other stuff is on maury Island. Mostly XC again, but there is one trail worthy of the big bike. Maybe in september we can hook up and ride there one eve before the days are too short. The trail is pretty new and needs rain in some places to help pack in.

Later,
d