Quantcast

Good canned beer

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yes, an oxymoron I know. Besides guiness and boddington's, what are some tolerable beers in cans (if any)? I'm going to be in the desert for a week and would like to minimize waste volume. I can drink a lot of beer and bottles take up the same space full or empty.

Note: Your mickey's ice and budwieser comments are really funny, make as much of them as possible. C'mon this is SERIOUS!!!!! HELP!!!!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The best beer I've found in cans is Young's. I've also seen Newcastle in cans (I think it's better that way, myself) and Bavik Witbier in can's at Trader Joe's. The Witbier is a nice summer beer...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I dunno if you can get it in cans but Negro Modelo is good, I say go for PBR is you can't get Negro Modelo in a can.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
yeah youngs does come in a can. i think i like it better that way. the double chocolate stout that i love so much anyway.

not great, but not bad - i saw yuengling in cans at the grocery store today.

have you thought about one BIG aluminum can? bring a keg! :D

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Portland Brewing sells McTarnahans in cans. That's about as good as it gets. May be hard to find in your neck of the woods though.

Sapporo is good.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Lexx D said:
:think: I thought all beer was good

Yes but very little that comes in cans is beer.

Thanks guys. I'll check Trader Joes for the Bavik. I forgot about Sapporo, that's good desert water. Forgot about Youngs too. And yes the Keg is coming but this is for Burning Man so I give that thing about 30 minutes before it's done. You guys rule with the quick responses. Much appreciated.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
cool. never been to burning man, and prolly never will make it out that way. it'll just end up being one of the many thing i wished i had done :D

have fun and tell all about it :)

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
kidwoo said:

Thanks guys. I'll check Trader Joes for the Bavik. I forgot about Sapporo, that's good desert water. Forgot about Youngs too. And yes the Keg is coming but this is for Burning Man so I give that thing about 30 minutes before it's done. You guys rule with the quick responses. Much appreciated.
For burining man go with the guiness... or you could go slummin and go with hieniken in a can... or sapporo... or PBR cause at burning man... you can always barter...

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
kidwoo said:

Burning Man was on Reno 911. That is too cool.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
valve bouncer said:
F*cken hell Acadian, why did you have to make me look at that site. Not only is Japanese beer cheaper in America but the Australian beer is as well. :( :( Lucky I'm drinkin' freebies tonight. :)
but they are probably nothing like the beers in Japan and Australia - just speculating since I've never been to those places. But I know for a fact that (an example) the Stella Artois you buy here in US stores is different than the one in the UK.

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
i found heinekin 12 pack in bottles down the countly line road for 8 bucks.. hard to believe i know. I asked the woman i always flirt with at the counter about it and she told me they were just over stocked... not anymore lol :p

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Acadian said:
but they are probably nothing like the beers in Japan and Australia - just speculating since I've never been to those places. But I know for a fact that (an example) the Stella Artois you buy here in US stores is different than the one in the UK.
Looks the same, same bottles......try the Coopers a very nice drop indeed, best of the Aussie beers by a long shot.