Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

TGIF!!
It's supposed to be a rainy one here this weekend so I'm assuming aside from cleaning my apt. I won't be doing much.

What's everybody else got on tap?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
one of my best friend, Debbie...her mom brought her dad to the emergency room wednesday night, they discovered her dad has a brain tumor. They operated on him yesterday afternoon.......I was texting her while he was in surgery, last thing she wrote was 'it's very, very bad'.

:(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Lots of rain in the forcast... so it'll probably be an inside kind of a weekend. Tomorrow I'm trading a buddy 2 Thule bike carriers and some speedies for a used frame/shock. Sunday... dunno yet - probably lots of painting.

Remember about 2-3 weeks ago I put in a resume for a job on campus but in a different department? They called last night asking me to interview next week! :dancing:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sorry to hear that Douglas. :(

As for me... Raining here today. If it clears I'm helping my neighbor pour concrete for his new patio tomorrow. Gotta work Sunday. That's all I got.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
one of my best friend, Debbie...her mom brought her dad to the emergency room wednesday night, they discovered her dad has a brain tumor. They operated on him yesterday afternoon.......I was texting her while he was in surgery, last thing she wrote was 'it's very, very bad'.

at almost this exact time last year I was going thru the same thing as her with my grandfather......
I'm assuming Debbies father is a bit younger and thats a good thing. The recovery is the hardest part.....
I wish her and her family all the best.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:

URGH. :(

YO. I took today off to get some stuff done. One of which was going to be a ride, but of course it's raining. Dammit all. MBC and I head to Florida for four days tomorrow morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
URGH. :(

YO. I took today off to get some stuff done. One of which was going to be a ride, but of course it's raining. Dammit all. MBC and I head to Florida for four days tomorrow morning.
Another trip to Disney? :D
j/k

sucks about the rain.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
at almost this exact time last year I was going thru the same thing as her with my grandfather......
I'm assuming Debbies father is a bit younger and thats a good thing. The recovery is the hardest part.....
I wish her and her family all the best.

thanks stosh/everyone

he's 66, but looked younger

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
thanks stosh/everyone

he's 66, but looked younger
my grandpa was 80.

The recovery is similar to a stroke victim. Difference is the brain surgery recovers faster.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Raining here as well... ugh. Heading to northern NH this weekend for a good drunken time watching the Sox and seeing some of Jenn's friends.

Thank God this horrendous week is over...

Douglas.. Sorry :( - I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning all

Douglas - I was thinking about Debbie's Dad last night - hope he pulls through bro. I'll keep him in my prayers. And you are a good friend Bro! I'm sure Debbie appreciates your support greatly.

IAB - taking the day off to ride and you don't even email me or call me to check and see if I wanted to play hooky and join you? I'm hurt. :( ;)

Jackson - what frame and shock are you getting?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
IAB - taking the day off to ride and you don't even email me or call me to check? I'm hurt. :( ;)
I actually took the day off because our snowblower is being delivered this morning and a furniture guy is coming to fix our new dresser. A was just hoping to squeeze a road ride in there somewhere. Not gonna happen anyway.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh Yeah - I took off the Dual Crown fork on the Cheeta and replaced it with my Z1 FR and I think it's going to make for a kick ass burly Trail/Freeride (well my version of freeride anyway) bike! The HT angle is right about 69 degrees I suspect - which should be really nice!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Jackson - what frame and shock are you getting?
A HollowPoint frame and Float shock. I want to try the shock on my Mongoose, but if it doesn't work I'll put it back on the hollowpoint.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I actually took the day off because our snowblower is being delivered this morning and a furniture guy is coming to fix our new dresser. A was just hoping to squeeze a road ride in there somewhere. Not gonna happen anyway.
Just bustin your balls Muchambo - safe travels to Florida bro.

When you get back we need to find some time to hit the trails - the Cheeta has been converted and I'm anxious to try it out - I'd love to hit that one drop at the W. Hartford Res before the snow covers everything!!!! :dancing: :dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
A HollowPoint frame and Float shock. I want to try the shock on my Mongoose, but if it doesn't work I'll put it back on the hollowpoint.
Why the Mongoose over the Hollowpoint?? I'd just rock the Hollowpoint and Ebay that Mongoose.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Guten morgen alles.

Got my first solo 24HOA this weekend and I've had migraines all this week. Feeling a little better today so I'm gonna probably stick with it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Why the Mongoose over the Hollowpoint?? I'd just rock the Hollowpoint and Ebay that Mongoose.
The Mongoose fits me better, plus there some sentimental value in that frame. Besides... how many other :monkey:s can say they ride a Mongoose.

Er... perhaps the better question is how many would want to say that... :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
The Mongoose fits me better, plus there some sentimental value in that frame. Besides... how many other :monkey:s can say they ride a Mongoose.

Was it that time you were naked in the woods with her?

J

JRB

Good mornin yo - weather is nearly perfect here. Going to Waco to ride in the morning. The weekend should turn out nicely. Did the lawn last night, so just bikes for the weekend now. (hopefully Julie doesn't remember I never finished painting the house in May)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Good mornin yo - weather is nearly perfect here. Going to Waco to ride in the morning. The weekend should turn out nicely. Did the lawn last night, so just bikes for the weekend now. (hopefully Julie doesn't remember I never finished painting the house in May)
Slacker!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:

Rock the Mongoose if it fits ya well! is the eye to eye on the shocks the same?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
is the eye to eye on the shocks the same?
I think so. I had a hard time finding any definite info on the bike (gotta love industry support for Mongoose). Cane Creek offers a couple of replacement shocks and they said its a 6.5" i2i 1.5" stroke shock. I know the stroke is right (it's printed on the coil I have now), but the i2i I'm not certain about. I measured it and got roughly 6.5", so I'm assuming it's the same.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:

my friend has that same mongoose...its kinda funny when he smokes dudes on bikes that cost 3 times as much and weigh 10lbs less :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
my friend has that same mongoose...its kinda funny when he smokes dudes on bikes that cost 3 times as much and weigh 10lbs less :p
Are you making fun of me when me you and Jackson rode together?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
I think so. I had a hard time finding any definite info on the bike (gotta love industry support for Mongoose). Cane Creek offers a couple of replacement shocks and they said its a 6.5" i2i 1.5" stroke shock. I know the stroke is right (it's printed on the coil I have now), but the i2i I'm not certain about. I measured it and got roughly 6.5", so I'm assuming it's the same.
It should fit, but do you have the right reducers and **** to mount it on the frame?

J

JRB

MMcG said:
It should fit, but do you have the right reducers and **** to mount it on the frame?

I need the right reducers for my swinger and was using brass washers. I tried to order them from a shop in Austin and never heard anything. Thanks for the reminder. I will call another shop now.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco-gringo said:
I need the right reducers for my swinger and was using brass washers. I tried to order them from a shop in Austin and never heard anything. Thanks for the reminder. I will call another shop now.
Why not just call answer direct - they might send em directly to you.

That reminds me I need to see if Romic can hook me up with some new ones for my Cheeta - I'm feeling a tad bit of play at the shock mount. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DVNT said:
Guten morgen alles.

Got my first solo 24HOA this weekend and I've had migraines all this week. Feeling a little better today so I'm gonna probably stick with it.
Conyers?
Best of luck and stay warm, the cold is a huge demoralizer. Have a burner with hot chocolate ready at all times.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
Yea... people bash it just because it's a mongoose. Granted, it might not be a custom hand-built XC race bike... but it's a good frame. The thing is rock solid and has a good 4bar suspension setup. The weight is about average, so with the right build, it could come in at a very respectable weight.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Dunno yet what is needed. Have to wait until I get the frame apart and the Float in my hands.

Fox reducers are super easy to come by.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
You ever ride it? Just wondering what you thought of it compared to your Kona.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
You ever ride it? Just wondering what you thought of it compared to your Kona.

just a short ride..........compared to Kona>more solid/stiffer....less race xc/more trail -its a decent ride