Quantcast

Good front fender....

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
dropmachine.com said:
Walmart sells the best fender i've ever had. 9 bucks canadian, strong steel mount, thick plastic.

Again, 9 bucks.
Seriously...do you have a digi pic handy??

Going on a Monster T. Any mod necessary?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
not that i know, just bolt her on and go. It comes with a compression plug to attach it, but you might want to jam in a starnut instead.

No pics handy, i dunno where the bloody thing is actually.

Walmart will see me again soon without a doubt.

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
just a few to check out, supergo.com generic fender $8.95, beyond bikes.com THE fender 29.95, universal cycles THE fender 29.99, bicyclebuys topeak fender 13.99. Hope that helps.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
That was fast... had I seen this thread sooner, I would've offered to give you a fender.

Of course you can still have it, just pay shipping. And cancel that cambria order.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I used to run a THE on my Monster T, but had to make my own bracket for it as the bracket that comes with it didn't fit. Granted, it was an early THE fender (with the flimsy aluminium bracket) and newer ones may be different.

The most recent fender I have is the Tioga fender. Much better, IMO. Heavier construction and covers more of the tires. Fit the Monster with no problems. Weighs a lot more, however.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
The Mud Machine guys are pricey, but they last forever. I've had the same Mud Machine front fender since 1999, and it never came off my bike for two years when I first bought it. Its been bent to all hell and crashed on innumerable times, and it's still hanging on. In fact, I think I bought it when the company was still Sex Macheen and they shipped it packaged in pages from a Victoria's Secret catalog. Sweet.

Edit: PS forgot to mention they also work better than any other fender I've ever tried. Haha got sidetracked by the thought of women in their underware, I guess. Someday I will grow up.