Quantcast

Good Lawd... it's HOT!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
don't Worry. The Gulf Flow Should Be Returning Shortly.
...oppressively Hot Weather Will Continue Today Through The Weekend...

Triple Digit Heat Will Persist Across North Texas Through The Weekend. During This Time...afternoon Heat Index Values Will Climb Between 105 And 110 Degrees...especially Along And East Of The Interstate 35 Corridor. There Will Be Some Overnight Relief With Temperatures Falling Into The Middle 70s Over Much Of The Region...although Upper 70s To 80 Degrees Will Be Possible Within The Metropolitan Areas.

these Hot Daily Readings Combined With Ample Moisture Will Result In Outdoor Temperatures Feeling Up To 10 Degrees Higher Than The Actual Air Temperature. This Can Cause Additional Stress On The Body And To Pets. Those With Outdoor Interests Should Exercise Caution During The Maximum Heating Times Of The Day...generally 1pm To 5pm...and Be Sure To Remain Hydrated With Water. Pets Should Also Have Plenty Of Fresh Water And Shade.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i feel your pain Wumpus.. will be on the trail at 6:30 anyway... the beer at the end will be oh-so-good!

Temp: 97°F
Heat Index: 108°F
Winds: SE
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 73° F

all the grass here is getting crunchy dry...

bitingback

Turbo Monkey

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
There was one day though, it was 90 degrees out, which I can ride in without much problem. However, there was smoking blowing from fires in Big Sur.

The week before I did 3 5 hour rides at Skeggs. That day, I rode one hour, stopped 4 times on a climb I usually breeze thru, and I ended up riding on the road back to the car.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Yeah, don't know how hot it was today but we had people dropping on the ride. Two of us finished. Nobody else was on the trails, normally they are packed.

Looks like a good week to drop my bike at the shop.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
i did trail work from 7am to 10am on saturday and rode RCP from 8 to 10 today...then got back to the house and took my boy to the neighborhood paved trails...must have easily been 100+...

wasn't so bad...low humidity. just felt hot.

you texans whine too much about the heat. :biggrin:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
No, we don't whine about the heat. Did you see anyone post up that it was "too hot to ride?"

Nope.

As loco said, the heat we get in the summer is "winter" for us. in December I will be on my bike.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
No, we don't whine about the heat. Did you see anyone post up that it was "too hot to ride?"

Nope.

As loco said, the heat we get in the summer is "winter" for us. in December I will be on my bike.
:nutkick:

It's 102F now.. i am canceling my ride...

We're on our bike all year round in NE. From 95* and 100% humidity to 5* and a -15* windchill factor, we're riding.:brows:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
speaking of sand in the vag, Ill be in huntsville, al standing on a runway for the next 2 days.

tomorrow 99 deg 52% humidty
wednesday 97 deg 53%

need to find some spf 900 sunblock.