Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

How was everybody's weekend?
Mine was pretty good but I didn't get to do much "fun" stuff. I spent the weekend scraping my Grandma's windows and planting flowers at her house. She lives 2.5hrs away so we had to stay over. Then I came home and helped my GF's father sheetrock his house.... and that was my weekend.

Hopefully this upcomming weekend I'll be able to get some mtn biking in.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey Stosh,

Had fun with my sons on Friday night and half of Saturday - then putzed around on Saturday afternooon - test rode a Gemini 2000 and a RM Switch........and then had a date on Saturday night which turned awful - not the date's fault so much as other extenuating circumstances - like seeing my ex out with the guy she cheated on me with - at the same bar we ended up at. UGH!:dead:

Sunday was bikey cleaning and maintenance day and then I went for a rail trail ride on my Marin later in the evening.

The weekend started out fun with my Sons and ended kind of crappy on Saturday night and on Sunday.

Oh well.

Glad to have you back Stosh!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Back to work today after a week in Maryland. Saturday, Wife and I went to the Baltimore aquarium and saw an Orioles game. Good times. :)

No biking for me since last week.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yo stosh...

just got back from vegas. I even got to ride once! the hotel had a gouded tour, with K2 disco monkey bikes (can't say I liked the bike...). Didn't ride too long because the tour started at 1pm and it was like 95 degrees. I was pretty happy to get back to the poolside.

had a great vacation. It was nice to spend some time with my wife. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Henderson (Lake Las Vegas - about 10-15 miles outside of Vegas). Lucked out because they gave us a free upgrade to the Club level (free food, nicer room, better service, free drinks). I have to say it was damn nice. Then the other couple of days we stayed at the Hyatt Regency (cheaper) about a mile from the ritz (also on the lake).

before that, I had been in ohio visiting my mom, and I bought a roadie bike to leave there. Cost me a whopping $25! only had to do some cleanup and adjustments, and replace the brake pads.

sounds like you had a less-than-fun weekend...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by MMcG
Hey Stosh,

Had fun with my sons on Friday night and half of Saturday - then putzed around on Saturday afternooon - test rode a Gemini 2000 and a RM Switch........and then had a date on Saturday night which turned awful - not the date's fault so much as other extenuating circumstances - like seeing my ex out with the guy she cheated on me with - at the same bar we ended up at. UGH!:dead:

Sunday was bikey cleaning and maintenance day and then I went for a rail trail ride on my Marin later in the evening.

The weekend started out fun with my Sons and ended kind of crappy on Saturday night and on Sunday.

Oh well.

Glad to have you back Stosh!

Thanks for covering the GMT. We're finishing up one dealership here and starting another so I haven't actually been in the office much.

Dude, that totally sucks about your X-wife. Not really sure what else to say here....

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning everyone!

Had a great, low-key weekend of biking and climbing and sleeping in late.

Can't ask for more than that ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by MtnBikerNJ
yo stosh...

just got back from vegas. I even got to ride once! the hotel had a gouded tour, with K2 disco monkey bikes (can't say I liked the bike...). Didn't ride too long because the tour started at 1pm and it was like 95 degrees. I was pretty happy to get back to the poolside.

had a great vacation. It was nice to spend some time with my wife. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Henderson (Lake Las Vegas - about 10-15 miles outside of Vegas). Lucked out because they gave us a free upgrade to the Club level (free food, nicer room, better service, free drinks). I have to say it was damn nice. Then the other couple of days we stayed at the Hyatt Regency (cheaper) about a mile from the ritz (also on the lake).

before that, I had been in ohio visiting my mom, and I bought a roadie bike to leave there. Cost me a whopping $25! only had to do some cleanup and adjustments, and replace the brake pads.

sounds like you had a less-than-fun weekend...
Yeah my weekend wasn't that bad, I made a lot of people on both families happy and sometimes thats important. Plus I got to have some of my most favorite hamburgers in the world too. I also went to see my grandpa's grave which was good...for me anyway.

Although it doesn't really compare to your weekend/week.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
good morning stosh. school starts bak today so im up early trying to get some riding in before hand. my weekend was good. got to ride a lot yesterday. my pedal caught the back of my calf yesterday and left and gruesome looking gash on it. (it makes me look like a hardcore DH'er). im putting up pics of my bike today too. thats all i think.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
i know the feeling about seeing family and graves. May 10th was the 1 year anniv. of when my dad passed away so I wanted to make sure I was in town to go to his headstone on that day. plus I hadn't seen my ma in 4 months.

ok. gotta run to work...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Good morning everyone!

Had a great, low-key weekend of biking and climbing and sleeping in late.

Can't ask for more than that ;)
How are things going with the new house?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
and then had a date on Saturday night which turned awful - not the date's fault so much as other extenuating circumstances - like seeing my ex out with the guy she cheated on me with - at the same bar we ended up at. UGH!:dead:

:dead: :dead: :dead:

:mad:

That sucks and blows at the same time.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by stosh
How are things going with the new house?
I backed out....:D :rolleyes: Did all the steps, got the pre-approval, but after the run around with BofA I had time to re-examine my priorities and why I was looking to "buy". I don't think a tax break, by itself, is a good enough reason.

I've been catching flak from everyone at my office all week so haven't said anything anywhere else.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My w/e

My office moved

I think HELL would have been a nicer place to be
Fri=12.5 hours worked
Sat=14.5 hours worked
Sun=11 hours worked

No OT

:dead:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Back to work today after a week in Maryland. Saturday, Wife and I went to the Baltimore aquarium and saw an Orioles game. Good times. :)

No biking for me since last week.
For some reason, I never knew you left for a while :eek: guess I was that busy moving into the new room and all that work.

Morning :stosh:

My weekend kind a blew, was busy moving stuff Thursday-saturday, then had to help a friend move stuff on Sunday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I backed out....:D :rolleyes: Did all the steps, got the pre-approval, but after the run around with BofA I had time to re-examine my priorities and why I was looking to "buy". I don't think a tax break, by itself, is a good enough reason.

I've been catching flak from everyone at my office all week so haven't said anything anywhere else.

Yeah we're a little bothered by the whole process.... around here the prices are pretty crazy and we're not even totally sure that we want to stay around here. Unless something perfect comes along we're probably gonna take our time and figure out what we're doing with our lives and if we want to stay around here.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yeah we're a little bothered by the whole process.... around here the prices are pretty crazy and we're not even totally sure that we want to stay around here. Unless something perfect comes along we're probably gonna take our time and figure out what we're doing with our lives and if we want to stay around here.
Exactly :) I just realized I was making the decision for the wrong reasons, and seeing as it's kind of a big decision that will affect how I live for a long time to come...I decided that it wasn't worth it. That and I'm not ready to be tied down to anything...especially a mortgage.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by jacksonpt
Mornin Stosh...

T-minus 2 days and counting.

Oh for your bike... I was about to ask "2 days till what?"

So listen we should start discussing some needs for MBW, I'm going to send an e-mail out later today. It's less then one month away!! I can't friggan wait!!

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Yo Stosh. Had an awsome weekend....27.5 miles through Arcadia on my AC w/ flat pedals = :dead: legs, but a :D :monkey: !! That place has some of the best riding in new England.

I am so wiped this morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Exactly :) I just realized I was making the decision for the wrong reasons, and seeing as it's kind of a big decision that will affect how I live for a long time to come...I decided that it wasn't worth it. That and I'm not ready to be tied down to anything...especially a mortgage.
The reason I want a house is so I can actually live somewhere it's totally mine. I don't have to worry about tack holes in the walls and that my car isn't parked in the right place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by VTinCT
Yo Stosh. Had an awsome weekend....27.5 miles through Arcadia on my AC w/ flat pedals = :dead: legs, but a :D :monkey: !! That place has some of the best riding in new England.

I am so wiped this morning.

Where is that?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Oh for your bike... I was about to ask "2 days till what?"

So listen we should start discussing some needs for MBW, I'm going to send an e-mail out later today. It's less then one month away!! I can't friggan wait!!
Yup... going up to get it Wednesday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
yo stosh...

I have a K2 Disco :monkey: and I love it!!! It's an awesome fit for my riding! Sorry to hear you didn't like it...what didn't you like about it (if you don't mind my asking)?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by VTinCT
Rhode Island....the place is huge, and there are rock gardens on steroids!:eek: :D

Oh nice I'm glad you weren't in New Haven getting hit by motorcycles.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Hey Stosh,

Damn that sucks.
Mark, that's when you pay the girl you are on the date with $500 to start lap dancing you right there in the bar.

Anyway my weekend was good. Rode for 4 hours at Mianus, in CT, on saturday, had a few beers with some friends. Sunday took a 25 mile road ride on the MTB to the beach. It was damn tough after the long rinde on saturday. Nice day though.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin, all.

Went to a great bbq on Sat afternoon, then I had plans to ride Sun. Sunday Started out as a beautiful day, but then we got a call from Steph's mom. Her grandfather passed away the night before. We already had plans to fly back home on tues for a wedding, but Steph's mom wanted to see if she could go back early (on Sunday). So, no riding for me. Spent the entire day running around trying to get done what we had planned on doing Sunday and Monday before we had to get Steph and Evy to the airport by 5:30.

But this was cool: Frontier Airlines charged us and extra $300 to switch flights (ok, that's not cool, but the next part is). So we get to the airport, and the girl who helps Steph with her bags is someone she worked with at Macaroni Grill a few years ago. Steph still needed to pay for the upcharge, so this girl took Steph's paperwork, and VOILA, the $300 upcharge mysteriously disapears! Cool people rock.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
Originally posted by TreeSaw
I have a K2 Disco :monkey: and I love it!!! It's an awesome fit for my riding! Sorry to hear you didn't like it...what didn't you like about it (if you don't mind my asking)?
well, to be fair it wasn't totally the bikes fault. part of it was that the place didn't have many sizes, so the bike I was on felt to short (the cockpit was WAY cramped). Then to top it off, the bikes were poorly adjusted (mis-shifting) and the brakes were set to either STOP or GO (very little modulation). And 2 of the 3 bikes I was on had rear shocks that were locked-up. The third bike (with the working shock) just felt, well, not as good as my Hollowpoint. Granted, I keep mine at least marginally tuned and its what I'm used to, so that might be part of it. I also didn't like the psylo fork as much as the fox on my bike, but that could also be due to it not being properly set for my weight. Other than all that though, it seemed like the bike was fairly solidly built.

the big lesson learned is that I should just ship my bike if I think I'm going to be riding.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Good morning!!!

I had a freakin great weekend overall. I woke up on Saturday morning to go to the optometrist. I've been having eye problems at work so I was afraid that I'd finally have to get glasses. The good news is that my eyes are still cool, but that I "need" reading glasses to help my eyes out later in the day. Whatever, it's cool.

After my eye stuff I met up with a friend of mine to head up to Pasadena. My Mom hooked me up with 5 free tickets to Wango Tango in LA, so I gave 4 to my good friends. After a sh1tty drive, my friend and I got to the Rose Bowl and found my other friends. They had been tailgating on the golf course/parking lot for an hour and a half by the time we arrived--they were hammered. Thankfully, they served beer in the concert, so getting drunk was no prob. All in all, the concert kinda blew. A friend's roommate hooked me up with another ticket and a wristband, so she and I ended up on the ground [level] for the good bands. Let me tell you, Lenny Kravitz is the man! Blah blah blah, our hangovers hit around 11p, so we hit up Denny's and managed to make it to a friend's apartment.

Sunday we all woke up feeling sh1tty. After a lunch at Carl's we hit up this trail in Pasadena near JPL (but not JPL trail). Whatever's it's called, we had an 8 mile fireroad climb to a seemingly endless (8 miles?) singletrack downhill. Wow.:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
well, to be fair it wasn't totally the bikes fault. part of it was that the place didn't have many sizes, so the bike I was on felt to short (the cockpit was WAY cramped). Then to top it off, the bikes were poorly adjusted (mis-shifting) and the brakes were set to either STOP or GO (very little modulation). And 2 of the 3 bikes I was on had rear shocks that were locked-up. The third bike (with the working shock) just felt, well, not as good as my Hollowpoint. Granted, I keep mine at least marginally tuned and its what I'm used to, so that might be part of it. I also didn't like the psylo fork as much as the fox on my bike, but that could also be due to it not being properly set for my weight. Other than all that though, it seemed like the bike was fairly solidly built.

the big lesson learned is that I should just ship my bike if I think I'm going to be riding.
Yupper...your own ride is always better than a used & abused rental :D!

I think that the :monkey: is a bit smaller than other bikes. I have ridden an Ironhorse SGS small and a Giant AC1 and they were both a lot bigger than my :monkey: and my old Trek 850 is quite a bit bigger too. I am short, so it's a good fit for me. ;)

I am not in love with the Psylo Race XC either...I blew the seals out on mine out riding DH last summer and after the rebuild it was a little better, but I think there are better forks out there.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yea I had a feeling that the bike had some issues... its always hard to jump on someone elses bike and enjoy it. I have 2 friends with Titus locomotos and I don't particularly like their rides...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a great weekend. Yesterday was the 12 hours of Lodi farm. I ran it solo and had a great race. I felt super strong through the whole race although towards the end my concentration was slipping and my reflexes slowed. Managed to come in 5th place, I was a little bummed because the people who put on the race would not tell you where you were placed, I kept bugging one of the score keepers and he ended up giving me some bogus information to shut me up. As a result I did a super slow last lap instead of 2 more and fell off the lead lap. If I kept pushing I would have had a really good chance of passing 2 guys ahead of me. It was my own fault though, I should have kept pushing the whole time, I worked way too hard for the first 11 hours to get lazy for the last one. Either way I am extremely tired today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Mackie
Damn that sucks.
Mark, that's when you pay the girl you are on the date with $500 to start lap dancing you right there in the bar.

If I had an extra $500 I'd be putting it towards a FR/DH Frame! :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Worked Saturday for a while.
Went to VW on the Green Sunday.

Nothing bike related other than thinking about it.