Quantcast

Good news for the weekend in BB

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
Looks like good timing for the weekend... Moist Dirt and Ladies.
:D

TODAY...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING CLOUDY... SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...THEN SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE. HIGHS 81 TO 91. LIGHT WINDS. CHANCE OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.
TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY... CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE EARLY. LOWS 58 TO 68. LIGHT WINDS. CHANCE OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.
THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING CLOUDY CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS 81 TO 91. LIGHT WINDS. CHANCE OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Too bad we can't send some of our rain out west. I get all excited when it looks like it won't rain for two days in a row.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Westy said:
Too bad we can't send some of our rain out west. I get all excited when it looks like it won't rain for two days in a row.
Flooding can be a welcome sight in SoCal.....sans fatality ofcourse and other disaster stuff associated with flooding.. But hell, bring them over here..

El Nino Wanted! Inquire Within San Bernardino (plus San Diego- in the east county to be precise)

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
I rode Big Bear today and it started out pretty hot. By 3:30 there was a light drizzle accompanied by thunder and wind. On the chairs it was gettin a little chilly at the top,but was a nice change. Id expect rain for tomorrow to follow. FYI: Log Chute closed with huge holes dug out by the first set of jumps and id expect it to be that way through the weekend. I know not a huge loss but it may make for crowded trails if the womens clinic shuts down Summit and Westridge intermittently. I guess side action it is :evil:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I was up there today too and it was hot in the morn. but by 3 it was raining and way cold. Log Chute is open but the jumps on the first part are closed. You Detour to the right. But overall a sick day. Pac-Man what kind of bike you ride?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
So ...is Westridge off limits to general public during the womens clinic this weekend????

R

Rabie

Edgy said:
So ...is Westridge off limits to general public during the womens clinic this weekend????
Just go anyway. Chicks dig FREERIDERS.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Edgy, there's a thread in the DH board looking for freeriders. Go check it out.

I do believe Rabie will be up there this weekend...want to go in on a room with us?

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
merrrrjig said:
I was up there today too and it was hot in the morn. but by 3 it was raining and way cold. Log Chute is open but the jumps on the first part are closed. You Detour to the right. But overall a sick day. Pac-Man what kind of bike you ride?

I was riding an 02 Kona Stab Primo. Not to many people on the mountain so we may have ran into each other. Were you with the group of three riders? I didnt even see the detour for Log Chute.....just saw the fencing and assumed it was entirely closed. Yeah sick day. :thumb:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
MikeD said:
Edgy, there's a thread in the DH board looking for freeriders. Go check it out.

I do believe Rabie will be up there this weekend...want to go in on a room with us?
LOL! Yeah I saw that but they wouldn't let me ride with them do to the fact that I'm on a "DH specific" rig....... racisim has infiltrated the MTB community.

I think me and Brian are going up just for the day Sat. any more than that and I might kill myself...freeriders don't fare well at DH parks :D
See you guys there.

R

Rabie

Edgy said:
I think me and Brian are going up just for the day Sat. any more than that and I might kill myself...freeriders don't fare well at DH parks :D
See you guys there.
Sweet. And yeah, if anyone wants to crash, floor space is going cheap.

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
Pac-Man said:
I was riding an 02 Kona Stab Primo. Not to many people on the mountain so we may have ran into each other. Were you with the group of three riders? I didnt even see the detour for Log Chute.....just saw the fencing and assumed it was entirely closed. Yeah sick day. :thumb:

yeah, that was merrrr, his brother and me.

R

Rabie

Orven said:
I have my freeriding license approved. PegBoy was my influence and Rabie is my freeride hero~

I'll be there on Sun at 7PM!
You better start practicing your wheelies. They're not just for parking lots anymore.

R

Rabie

TYM said:
Should be a good weekend ... no dust
Hopefully it won't be like last year when it rained so hard and so fast it didn't soak into the ground, but flooded over the top. Crazy ruts, packed dirt with little rocks on top... I'll take the dust.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Rabie said:
You better start practicing your wheelies. They're not just for parking lots anymore.
oh hey, could you bring a black med size Tee Shirt? and not the Old Navy type bec it ain't 'core!

sick!

R

Rabie

Orven said:
oh hey, could you bring a black med size Tee Shirt? and not the Old Navy type bec it ain't 'core!

sick!
Only if you promise to tear the sleeves off.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
All FR33R1D3RZ ride RM7's, if you ain't got one of them you ain't 'core.

Sigh, another weekend passes and I find myself sitting at home watching the poop machine while my wife goes to a scrapbooking class... I'll keep telling myself that next weekend I'll ride BB and before you know it there'll be snow up there.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
You know, this freeriding thing isn't so free. I went and bought these bagy jeans for like 70 bucks, but people kept makin' fun of me cause they were so new and they said I looked like a poser. So, I gave them to Orven and he had them for like a month or so and then he stoped wearing them. I asked him why, and he said he tore a hole in the knee so he gave em to a thift shop. I found out what thrift shop it was cause I figured now that they were broken in they would be cool. Turns out salvation army had them in the Core section and was chargin $50, but they did look way cooler so I bought them back. So I guess all in all I spent 120$ for a pair of jeans but at least my friends don't laugh at me anymore and shopping at Salvation army is way core.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy said:
You know, this freeriding thing isn't so free. I went and bought these bagy jeans for like 70 bucks, but people kept makin' fun of me cause they were so new and they said I looked like a poser. So, I gave them to Orven and he had them for like a month or so and then he stoped wearing them. I asked him why, and he said he tore a hole in the knee so he gave em to a thift shop. I found out what thrift shop it was cause I figured now that they were broken in they would be cool. Turns out salvation army had them in the Core section and was chargin $50, but they did look way cooler so I bought them back. So I guess all in all I spent 120$ for a pair of jeans but at least my friends don't laugh at me anymore and shopping at Salvation army is way core.
Individuality costs money, brah!
It's like unnecessary upgrades on your bikes. You can't just say, "I just wanna ride, man" to be a freerider. Now you have to conform to the norms like camo jersey, RM7 and anything black! You won't believe the social pressure put on freeriders nowadays to be 'core. It's like a complete backflip (in dirtjumpin comp, backflip ain't core)...like before the hayday of freeriding (that's before RedBull was edible), FREERIDING as we know it was a social stigma. I mean freeriders then stank..physically!Because they wear the same cotton shirts and pants without any regards to detergents and the modern convenience of washing. Now, Freeriding is a FAD. People develop the funk just to prove they're against the system without regards to the other people sitting with them on the chairlift nauseating from the smell of their 9 month old moldy roach pads and funkadelic shirts. It's a cruel world man, to be a freerider today because you have to show angst and have to be pissed off by someone one way or the other like, "F8ck, i hate racers!" "Intense, pfffft, Banshee started it all foo!" The anger!!! I am a proud freerider bec of Rabie -the epitome of the young angry freerider who is pissed at anything about bikes with stickers on them..

-like peace!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Does this mean pocket-ts are out? Crap.

I'll be up sat and sun, crashing with Rabie. I'll be riding full suspension, just because I'm not hardkore enough.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Uh Guys…. WTF?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91817

mandown said:
Just checked the Snowsummit.com site. It is a women only weekend. I called to check on it and they said no helmet on the hill :confused:

How can they be serious?

I don't see many ladies on the hill. However I find it hard to believe that they stay away because they don't want to be near guys. Guess the mountian was making too much money.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
MikeD said:
I'll be riding full suspension, just because I'm not hardkore enough.
so is 'someone' else bringing his DH bike too. :)
it's becoming a trend, yo..

dammit... I can';t wait to go home and just sleep!!

freeride fo life!

R

Rabie

Slugman said:
I just got an inside tip from Team Big Bear that 'women' is actually an underground code for 'freerider.' They just want to throw off all the poseurs and racerboys (e.g. Orven). There will be clinics on random wheelieing, choosing to be slow, talking like you're uneducated, and just for Pegboy, Sunday is completely dedicated to fashion tips!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Wanted to let everybody know that I just finished detailing my truck, thus ensuring that it will rain soon. I AM a giver.

Also, I spoke with Edgy earlier and he's bringing up "freerider" stickers for the first 15 people that show up with skate lids, or full face helmets without visors. good luck to everybody!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
W4S said:
Wanted to let everybody know that I just finished detailing my truck, thus ensuring that it will rain soon. I AM a giver.

Also, I spoke with Edgy earlier and he's bringing up "freerider" stickers for the first 15 people that show up with skate lids, or full face helmets without visors. good luck to everybody!
Do I qualify if I busted my visor off and have not replaced it yet?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Rabie said:
just for Pegboy, Sunday is completely dedicated to fashion tips!
This year, carbon fiber IS the new black.

And only racerboys wear aerodynamic helmets without visors.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Slugman said:
Do I qualify if I busted my visor off and have not replaced it yet?
Absolutely Not! To qualify for the 'freerider' sticker competition, one must have taken off the visor so as not to be identified as a racer, or to be unique. Edgy will make judgement calls based on the type of bike you're riding (freeride bike vs. DH bike) and what you're wearing.(cargo shorts or jeans vs. TLD or Fox racing shorts).

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wait, I'm slow, and I'm on a Turner RFX...and I wear a T-shirt, not a moto jersey...looks like I'm a freerider. Oh, and it's an Avalanche shock, so I guess I HAVE to be a freerider, even though it's really called an Avalanche Downhill Racing DHS-1 shock.

But my T-shirt isn't cotton, so maybe I don't qualify after all?