Quantcast

Good news for the weekend in BB

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Damn it! I need more stickers. I used to have a pinkish-purple skate lid but I stopped wearing it 'cause all my friends said I looked like a d1ck head. I threw it in the dumpster and put on my trucker hat to go down to seven eleven to get some cigarettes. I got all the way down there, got my cigarettes and that is when all hell broke loose. I was riding by the front windows and looking at my reflection to make sure my hat was cocked to one side when I hit a curb head on. My avy nomally can take any hit but it was a high curb and I didn't pull up so I got ejected over the bars. Worse part is that as I was giong over the bars the chain on my wallet got caught on my seat and it tore off my belt loop. So now I am super pissed cuase this is the fifth or sixth time that has happend and I gotta throw away my jeans that I spent 120$ on cause I got no belt loops left and cant wear my wallet. As I was riding home I saw
some homelss looking kid fishing my damn skate lid out of the dumpster and I
thought "what a idiot". Turns out now I see pictures of this looser all over the internet and in catalogs with my helmet! AND to top it all off, my friends still say I look like a d1ck head.

R

Rabie

Pegboy said:
Damn it! I need more stickers. I used to have a pinkish-purple skate lid but I stopped wearing it 'cause all my friends said I looked like a d1ck head. I threw it in the dumpster and put on my trucker hat to go down to seven eleven to get some cigarettes. I got all the way down there, got my cigarettes and that is when all hell broke loose. I was riding by the front windows and looking at my reflection to make sure my hat was cocked to one side when I hit a curb head on. My avy nomally can take any hit but it was a high curb and I didn't pull up so I got ejected over the bars. Worse part is that as I was giong over the bars the chain on my wallet got caught on my seat and it tore off my belt loop. So now I am super pissed cuase this is the fifth or sixth time that has happend and I gotta throw away my jeans that I spent 120$ on cause I got no belt loops left and cant wear my wallet. As I was riding home I saw
some homelss looking kid fishing my damn skate lid out of the dumpster and I
thought "what a idiot". Turns out now I see pictures of this looser all over the internet and in catalogs with my helmet! AND to top it all off, my friends still say I look like a d1ck head.
If I had any, I would pay good money for your memoirs.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Yeah, memories are sometimes worth more than anything you can buy. I knew this big chinease guy that was pretty core but ended up eating it pretty hard at big bear. He after a little while he started having all of these memories about riding at the bear and how much fun it was. He was a pretty cool guy and really good at ping pong. He told me that, in China, they teach you to play with chopsticks and rice. Each player gets one chopstick and you have to hit a single grain of rice back and forth over the net, Kinda like the Karate Kid thing. Me and my friends tried to play a drinking version of this game but...Oh sh1t, you said memoirs, forget it.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
W4S said:
Absolutely Not! To qualify for the 'freerider' sticker competition, one must have taken off the visor so as not to be identified as a racer, or to be unique. Edgy will make judgement calls based on the type of bike you're riding (freeride bike vs. DH bike) and what you're wearing.(cargo shorts or jeans vs. TLD or Fox racing shorts).
of all things you forgot to mention... one has to be pissed off at something like why isn't big bear like Whistler or why aren't you running a fork like marzocchee.

long live handlebar crossbrace...with pads!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I think Pegboy is mocking The Freeridism phenomenon.. sacriledge!

Is there like an underground North Shore movement in SoCal?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Pegboy said:
. He told me that, in China, they teach you to play with chopsticks and rice. Each player gets one chopstick and you have to hit a single grain of rice back and forth over the net, Kinda like the Karate Kid thing. Me and my friends tried to play a drinking version of this game but...Oh sh1t, you said memoirs, forget it.
Don't bag on the National sport of China. I also remember this time at a IHOP there was an incident involving some Thousand Island sause that went south...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Orven said:
Is there like an underground North Shore movement in SoCal?

North Shore UNDERGROUND?! Wow, that's SWEEEEET! Is it located in some secret cavern in Carlsbad or something?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Pegboy said:
Yeah, memories are sometimes worth more than anything you can buy. I knew this big chinease guy that was pretty core but ended up eating it pretty hard at big bear. He after a little while he started having all of these memories about riding at the bear and how much fun it was. He was a pretty cool guy and really good at ping pong. He told me that, in China, they teach you to play with chopsticks and rice. Each player gets one chopstick and you have to hit a single grain of rice back and forth over the net, Kinda like the Karate Kid thing. Me and my friends tried to play a drinking version of this game but...Oh sh1t, you said memoirs, forget it.

LOL...that day was classic.....D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Man, that was a really good weekend.

I really have to say that day trips from San Diego aren't really that much fun...too much hustle and hassle. But taking it easy on an entire weekend rocks. I used to do that all the time...hmmmmmm...no wonder it hasn't been as much fun this year.

Good seeing everyone.

MD

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Mike, gotta agree with you. It was a great weekend. I haven't made a trip up this year without spending the night. I can't justify driving 2 hours to ride for 5 or 6 hours :rolleyes: . Then another 2 hours on the road again.

We shoud plan another weekend in a couple of weeks.

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
3 hours, 5 hours whatever ... take off work Friday so we can go to Northstar this weekend. I already checked with your boss and Heather said it's cool. She wants to go too.

R

Rabie

TYM said:
3 hours, 5 hours whatever ... take off work Friday so we can go to Northstar this weekend. I already checked with your boss and Heather said it's cool. She wants to go too.
I'm down. Seriously.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I wish, but I'll be out of town for the next two weekends...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
TYM said:
one more person and this trip may be affordable.

anyone or two?
I didn't sell enough of my $3-5 tires at BB to fund any sort of road trips so I may do a budget ride at Slurpant.... and stuff