Quantcast

Got a review

J

JRB

And it went really well. Got me a $3,000 raise. Still not as much as I want, but the great feedback really meant more to me. :thumb: Yay for good reviews. Everything was positive, unlike my last job where they just couldn't let you feel good about yourself. Nice to know I am doing a good job and able to get in this quality posting on RM. :D

J

JRB

Surely I am not the only one that is glad I got a good review. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

Westy said:
Congrats anyway. What do you do when you are not polluting RM threads:)

I work with the sales guys at an educational furniture company tracking down new leads and helping with reporting. I also help CS with issues on the new MRP system. Mostly I pollute threads though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco-gringo said:
I work with the sales guys at an educational furniture company tracking down new leads and helping with reporting. I also help CS with issues on the new MRP system. Mostly I pollute threads though.
I would have guessed you were a gramihr cop.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I would have guessed you were a gramihr cop.

I should be a technical writer. Funny the wife is an English major and I am not. I am a nothing major yet. I should go back and at least take the 2 courses for an associates degree now that I think about it.

J

JRB

xbluethunderx said:

Not us. They are our main competitor, but seem to be losing a great deal of steam. They are publicly traded so we see their numbers. They have a tendancy to lose $20 million a year lately while we continue to grow. Good for us, bad for them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Good for you, Loco! :thumb:

I don't know how the hell I keep getting outstanding reviews, given the amount of time I waste on RM. :think:
I have found that the raises I get are inversly proportional to the amount of actual work I do. The things I hate about working for a large corporation are making me successful in said large corporation.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
loco-gringo said:
Not us. They are our main competitor, but seem to be losing a great deal of steam. They are publicly traded so we see their numbers. They have a tendancy to lose $20 million a year lately while we continue to grow. Good for us, bad for them.

You can make MILLIONS from school furniture? Ewww...

What company is yours? Do you have cushier chairs?!?! Please relay my complaints to your supervisor :p

J

JRB

xbluethunderx said:

What company is yours? Do you have cushier chairs?!?! Please relay my complaints to your supervisor :p
Artco Bell is our holding company that makes classroon chairs and combos. We tend to do pretty well.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I demand cushier chairs! To keep costs down, you could seal fat taken from liposuction operations inside impenatrable plastic bags and then glue them to the seat...

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
If you don't use some of that extra cash to take a trip to the mountains, I'm gonna be really disappointed..........

-S.S.-

I plan to join you cats next year. I was thinking of going to Moab, but a trip to CO may be more cost effective. I can likely share expenses driving up with a friend or two. Once the weather clears from winter, I plan to head that way.

J

JRB

xbluethunderx said:
I demand cushier chairs! To keep costs down, you could seal fat taken from liposuction operations inside impenatrable plastic bags and then glue them to the seat...

Sounds like a good aftermarket addition for you. Get your school to buy ours with pads. Only $31 more.

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
This is why loco has been so pissy? He's sittin on a hard fuhking chair?

Nope - I have a good office chair. I was less bitchy when I sat in my old chair. I am just bitchy by nature. I blame it on the 3 months I lived in OK City.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
xbluethunderx said:

Even worse - there are companies that do nothing but sell LIBRARY stuff. Shelves, circulation desks, signs, bookends, just about anything a library could need. I never had any idea there were so many ways to display help sheets on using the Internet until I became a library equipment consumer. Way to go Loco - extra cash is always nice!!

J

JRB

bigginsis said:
Even worse - there are companies that do nothing but sell LIBRARY stuff. Shelves, circulation desks, signs, bookends, just about anything a library could need. I never had any idea there were so many ways to display help sheets on using the Internet until I became a library equipment consumer. Way to go Loco - extra cash is always nice!!

We make library furniture at one of our other holdings. The wife is a librarian and I too was surprised at the stuff that is needed. Do you work in a library???

Thanks bigginsis.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I want to see you fail so I can feel better about myself.
most of his posts here fail as this one did until he bumped it up so I usually feel better about myself when he posts on here.

J

JRB

stosh said:
most of his posts here fail as this one did until he bumped it up so I usually feel better about myself when he posts on here.
Like me, you are an ass!!!!!!! :nuts:

Maybe others view it differently, but I have a ways to go to having the same "suck" factor that you do.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It doesn't matter how much work I do (or don't do) here... I will always get a great review and a crappy raise... fortunately I make enough money that the crappy raises don't bother me too much... yet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Like me, you are an ass!!!!!!! :nuts:

Maybe others view it differently, but I have a ways to go to having the same "suck" factor that you do.
I shall pass the :stosh: torch on to you within a few months my friend.....

J

JRB

stosh said:
I shall pass the :stosh: torch on to you within a few months my friend.....

Looks like post content better improve soon. :think:

At least I have ride threads. May even start posting pics.

J

JRB

Echo said:
:loco-gringo: is too hard to type. And it doesn't have the same ring as "I stoshed that thread".

Agreed. Maybe I will work to lower the lame factor anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
:loco-gringo: is too hard to type. And it doesn't have the same ring as "I stoshed that thread".
yeah but nobody uses that gaylick phrase anymore....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
yeah but nobody uses that gaylick phrase anymore....
Dude I use that all the time in real life... just last night Squid stoshed us by showing up after the ride was over and joining us for dinner.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Dude I use that all the time in real life... just last night Squid stoshed us by showing up after the ride was over and joining us for dinner.
REAL LIFE / INTERNET LIFE

You should try to keep them apart like the above example.