Quantcast

Got nothing to do but dig in my walking boot-suggestions for mudproofing?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm running around in a walking boot seeing if a "Torn Planters Plate" will heal on it's own. But I need to do some digging while I wait. This thing isn't really even made to walk in wet grass without my foot getting soaked.

Anybody ever deck one out in some way to cover it up except for the sole?

Dirt and water just go right under the "sock" portion. What I did to wash the car was to stick a grocery bag on the sock part and strap it down and throw a hiking gaiter on the upper.

I need to rig it where dirt won't go between the "sock" and the "sole". Odd question for the DH forum, but if anybody's been in a walking boot, they're in this forum.:thumb:

Last edited:

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Ive spent many a day in a walking boot but haven't run across this dilemma. maybe a motocross boot instead but thats what put me in mine. Is this doctor or self prescribed?

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
I'm now just 2 weeks out of my CAM Walker or boot, whatever you want to call it (ruptured left Achilles) and I made a "toe box" that I custom molded to my foot from a piece of plastic and used the Velcro on the boot to hold it in place. That kept out just about everything.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
DOH! :shakefist:
Stupid auto correct. Not patella. Planter's plate. The joint capsule at the 2nd toe. Left untreated, you get something disgusting called "Hammer Toe".

Anyway, the plastic jug w/ velcro is a great idea. I can seal it off to the boot with velcro and throw the regular gaiter on the upper still.

SCGUY

Chimp
Apr 9, 2012
don't need to be in a walking boot for a plantar plate tear, you can use a posterior lift walking shoe and have the same result wich is a hammer toe in your future, you can also use a tape loop to force the toe to stay down while healing, but sorry to tell you that plantar plate ruptures usually fall to a hammer toes in future